Notices

Sobriety DAILY PLAN

Old 11-22-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sobriety DAILY PLAN

This is my second day sober and tonight it was really hard for me. I want to give in so I thought of creating a daily plan from morning to evening for tomorrow and each day after so I can have a plan when faced with the feeling to use. If you guys can tell me some of your daily rituals used on your journey to sobriety it would be greatly appreciated. I am determined!!!~~~Be blessed!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Logging in here regularly is still a great part of my recovery plan survivorest

D
Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Hi, I think it's great to be thinking NOW, of good things to do.

I schedule in time here on SR forums. Meditation time (often use guided meditations I find on youtube), reading.

Sticking to a set bedtime has helped as well. THat way I do my routine and fall asleep, if I start mixing things up I often end up wide awake late at night and that is NOT wise for me.

In early recovery I went to at least one meeting every day.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Balance is the main thing for me.

Lots of walking and yoga, readings on spirituality, keeping a gratitude journal and reminding myself that the only thing I control is me and my reaction to what's happening.

SR has been a lifeline for me.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lots of things help.....

For me, its hard to make a regular daily plan this early (day 12). I'm newly in a rural area with limited meetings and although I have been to AA in the past, I don't yet trust this small town. I wish I could because AA has been beneficial before. I have too much at stake with family here and I'm also starting a business, so one person talking could ruin so much. I have trusted the AA meetings I went to before, but this town has a very active rumor mill.

Some advice I got earlier was to make a plan in response to the urge or situation that may lead me to drink. I have to work on that.

Posting on here earlier (November class) helped me immensely and then I went into a cleaning frenzy. Took apart my refrigerator and cleaned it (leftovers are at Mom's.) Three washes, trash out, vacuumed. Every time I thought of drinking, I said, just do this next task first and then you can go to the store if you want to. Last store here closes at 10pm except for 30 minutes away (Walmart and I would have to be plum crazy to go there tonite). Lookie here its 9:36. I'm gonna do one more task and it will be too late.

Thanks so much SR and everyone hang in there!
Old 11-22-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Yep I have a daily plan:

Talk to others in recovery, read some recovery literature, 3-4 meetings a week, help others in early days or struggling. Talk and listen to that Power greater than me. Be of service (not about me) where I can. Come here.

Works for me
Old 11-22-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For me, I've found that quiet time reading a book, spiritual or otherwise helps. To get out of your mind and concentrate on something different. Also - when you are new to sobriety, stay away from places or people that may tempt you to drink. I know this may be hard at first, but it really really helps you not to get in a situation where you may give in. If it's in your house, then get outside and do something active. If it's at a bar, suggest to your friends that you go do putt putt, bowling, a movie - anywhere where you won't be tempted to drink! And ANYTIME you are and your brain just won't get away from it, play the night out in your mind if you were to have that drink.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lots of low sodium soda water in the evening. This forum.

I've read on this forum, from people much wiser than I am, to prepare mentally for the times when you are alone, with no activities, no duties, no jobs...just yourself.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Without doubt SR, diet, exercise, reading, calling my mother, And whatever feels right at the moment. It is not set in stone for me but always SR.