Notices

Decisions

Old 11-22-2012, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Decisions

For the last 5 days I have been working pretty much every hour under the sun, hence my lack of posting. This is probably the first time I have been able to sit down and know that tomorrow I will not have to worry about getting up.

I have hit a crossroads in my recovery in regards to work. I started working for a major retailer about 6 weeks ago. I got given a 20 hour contract. The other day my manager approached me and offered me another 10 hours a week and a fast track upto management, which is amazing considering the short time I have been there. I enjoy the job. I get a pension, share-schemes, and I will progress if I put the effort in.

On the other hand however I have been doing quite a few shifts for a friend that involve me working with people with addiction problems. I enjoy working with these people but that is pretty much the only part of the job I enjoy. Because the boss is my friend I find it hard to look at him as the boss. He's also pretty hard to please and there are no benefits with this job. I just get my payment and that's it.

I feel like I am stuck at a crossroads. If I stay in one job I can move up the ladder and if I stay in another one I can potentially get trained up and move into other areas in the future. I know that having this choice is a rare situation to be in given the climate and I know I should feel grateful but I just don't know what to do about it. I just needed to vent.

Natom.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Natom)) - hugs and prayers that whatever you decide is what's best for you

Amy
Old 11-22-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's OK to pick the job that you enjoy gets you more money and a ride up the ladder if that's what you want....and if thats what you're asking

Best of luck with whatever you decide, natom

D