Notices

1 day sober

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 day sober

Good evening everyone, I've been using cocaine, majiuana, alcohol, and ecstasy on a regular basis for about 2 and a half years. I've been drinking alcohol for years but in the last 2.5 years I usually drink, or do a drug just about everyday if permitted. I haven't used cocaine in about 2weeks, but i used Molly (pure MDMA) the other day along with marijuana and alchohol. I've decided to try to quit everything cold turkey without any treatment or any help besides prayer. I am afraid and I can already feel some physical and mental withdrawal symptoms and this has been my first day. Please keep me in your prayers because I really want to kick my addiction for my son and to get my life back!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please re-think your decision to do this without any help or treatment. It sounds like you should seek any and all available help, including seeing a doctor.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your response. Do you really think its impossible to continue sobriety without medical treatment or rehabilitation clinic? I guess I really never honestly considered that an option because I know the relapse rate frightens me. I wouldn't even know where to start for treatment. I know I am an addict but I guess sometimes I have this false idea in my head that not everyone needs a rehab center. I do need the support I just don't know how to begin. I think if I'm not totally strung out no one will take me serious. I'm just confused. I don't know how I got here, but I'll do anything to get out and stay out.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi ive been sober one day as well ~ ive lost so much but today is the first day ive really felt strongly about it....good luck & please contact me if you need someone to talk to
Old 11-22-2012, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WOW! Amazingly I feel the same way today! I've felt a bit of withdrawals but I know with faith and will-power WE can do it!
Thank you for your support and Good Luck on your journey, I'm here for you if you ever need support as well!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Survivorest

I encourage anyone going through alcohol withdrawal to seek some medical advice.

I've never had it, but can't imagine that something like MDMA would help the withdrawal process either.

I had a bad last detox, ended up having a series of mini stokes, and I have that legacy with me forever now.

I'm not trying to scare you - you may be fine - but I can't guarantee that - noone here can.

It's your call to do whatever you want, but I think doing nothing like you planned could be risky.

As far as maintaining sobriety goes, there's a lot of paths up the mountain. You may be able to stay sober without outside support - who knows?

but Me? I needed a place like this....

D
Old 11-22-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Survivorest View Post
Thank you for your response. Do you really think its impossible to continue sobriety without medical treatment or rehabilitation clinic? I guess I really never honestly considered that an option because I know the relapse rate frightens me. I wouldn't even know where to start for treatment. I know I am an addict but I guess sometimes I have this false idea in my head that not everyone needs a rehab center. I do need the support I just don't know how to begin. I think if I'm not totally strung out no one will take me serious. I'm just confused. I don't know how I got here, but I'll do anything to get out and stay out.
Start by making an appointment with your Doctor and asking for help.

You don't need to be totally strung out or literally on deaths door step to get help.