Notices

The Mind Is A TrribleThing To Haste

Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Mind Is A TrribleThing To Haste

Went out today to buy a few things for a single Thanksgiving and thought one bottle of wine won't hurt I soon pased over that because it was never to be one bottle and I thought I owed it to me and my SR family but I was as close as i coold get. Cranberry juice it is
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made a different choice Fitz.

If you're having a hard time over the next few days, remember there's always someone here.

D
Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know Dee why am always here. And thinking about my duty to myself and SR really helped.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And I hope you goy the pun. Thought before action.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I got the pun

D
Old 11-22-2012, 02:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fitz, the holidays are hard. When I went through my first holiday season sober, I was told alcoholism is a three fold disease - thanksgiving, Christmas, and new years. I was miserable. My whole family drank, I didn't want to be around them, yet I was obligated to be.
I made it through sober and you will too. And as Dee said, I think there will be more than usual the number of people on SR this time of the year. It is hard for most of us
Old 11-22-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

fitz ,, yr so cool,,,, if cranberry juice be the drink of love,,, then let your cuppeth floweth overeth!!!
happy thanksgiving ,,, im sending a cyber hug and kiss to you ,, right now ,,,,, got it ??
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am here and sober and cold I just turned up the heat. Pretty bad pumpkin pie baking experience last night I will survive. Hope all are well.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The rest of my immediate family aren't big drinkers at all. My brother generally has a bottle of wine on hand at Thanksgiving, not sure if he will this year or not. Makes no difference to me, I have no trouble watching people drink. Especially if they're just having a glass or two. I mean, where the hell's the fun in just one or two?

Thanksgiving kind of bores me. We'll be doing it over at my sister in laws place and she's profoundly annoying. Think "fingernails on chalkboard" annoying. At least my brother has a big screen TV and Direct TV/Sunday Ticket so I can at least check out the games. Hopefully the Cowgirls will get spanked by the Skins!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job passing over the wine.

The holidays can be really tempting, but a holiday is one day, but a relapse could end up being the rest of your life.

Stay well

Maylie
Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I probably prefrer being alone it's a mental thing. When married 7 step kids and their families I spent days cooking and hundreds of dollars.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I always get stuck cooking for all the holidays. Occupational hazard, I guess. Nevermind that my mom cooked for 30 years before I got my first job in the kitchen, now she just says "you're the chef!" Of well, guess it's not the worst thing. Last year I was tired of cooking so my brother offered to cook for Thanksgiving...what a disaster! He overcooked the turkey and served it with instant potatoes and Stove Top Stuffing!

So this year it's either "do the cooking or eat your brother's cooking"! Easy choice!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm a guy who enjoys cooking but not fo 40 people and after last nights pie experience may never cook again though never claimed to be a baker