Notices

A shakey 3rd Day

Old 11-21-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A shakey 3rd Day

Hello again,

I do hope that this post finds you all well.

Had a tricky start to the day this morning; bad night sleep (very interrupted, bit of heat/itchiness, but very mild). The walk to the train station had my heart in my mouth, and anxiety rising in my chest. But I pushed on.

Arrived at work after listening to some classical music on the train, and felt a bit calmer. Chatted to my wife on messenger, who was feeling down (tired, work, etc) and I wanted to say "Hey, let's go for a drink tonight"... but didn't.

Pushed on with work, just having lunch, and read this whilst googling for "finding your own spirituality", wanted to share as I found it quite comforting despite not having a "religion" myself.

Stay strong all!
G.x

1. Look within.
Whether you choose an organized religion or a more individual practice, the spiritual journey is a personal one. To begin, search within and ask, What do I want out of life? Why am I here -- what is my purpose? Reflect on what spirituality means to you and what role you want it to play in your life, and you'll have a better sense of how to embark on your own path.

2. Be present.
Instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, slow down, tap into your feelings as they unfold, and find the beauty in the now, whether from a friend's laugh or a starry night. Open your eyes and heart and you'll feel a sense of connectedness to the world and see that you're a part of something bigger.

3. Let go.
Put faith in the unknown and give up trying to control how your life will play out. When you embrace your spiritual side, you're choosing to believe that God, the universe, or the divine has your best interests in mind. Trust that there's something positive to be found even during tough times and that everything is happening as it should.

4. Meditate.
Meditation involves turning off your mind so you can connect with your spirit and your own peaceful center. It can be as simple as adding a one-minute pause to your day or taking a few deep breaths to create an oasis of calm in your world. That moment of quiet helps you free yourself to find insights that are typically drowned out by the noise of everyday life.

5. Stay connected.
Living spiritually is a daily choice, which requires more than going to a weekly religious service. You need to stay in touch with your own spirituality and spend time with people on a similar path. And surround yourself with visual cues such as short prayers or pictures that remind you of the person you want to be.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi again,

I'm not sure if this will work, but I will give it a try...
I have been luck, very lucky, to have gotten to know a couple of people on Facebook recently who are musicians, and do their own music, radio shows, etc.

Joy and Tony do their own very special radio show that just touches my heart.
If you feel so inclined, please do give them a try - it's just good old fashioned music with singing and acoustic guitars, that kind of thing. Very chilled, very relaxing, and very heartfelt.

They're over at:
w w w dot
spreaker.com/user/joyhollon/soular_wyndz_pbg_radio_special_peace_1

Sorry if that sounds like a plug, that's not the intention, I honestly do find this very calming and thought some others may do too.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OldGoth View Post
Hello again,

I do hope that this post finds you all well.

Had a tricky start to the day this morning; bad night sleep (very interrupted, bit of heat/itchiness, but very mild). The walk to the train station had my heart in my mouth, and anxiety rising in my chest. But I pushed on.

Arrived at work after listening to some classical music on the train, and felt a bit calmer. Chatted to my wife on messenger, who was feeling down (tired, work, etc) and I wanted to say "Hey, let's go for a drink tonight"... but didn't.

Pushed on with work, just having lunch, and read this whilst googling for "finding your own spirituality", wanted to share as I found it quite comforting despite not having a "religion" myself.

Stay strong all!
G.x

1. Look within.
Whether you choose an organized religion or a more individual practice, the spiritual journey is a personal one. To begin, search within and ask, What do I want out of life? Why am I here -- what is my purpose? Reflect on what spirituality means to you and what role you want it to play in your life, and you'll have a better sense of how to embark on your own path.

2. Be present.
Instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, slow down, tap into your feelings as they unfold, and find the beauty in the now, whether from a friend's laugh or a starry night. Open your eyes and heart and you'll feel a sense of connectedness to the world and see that you're a part of something bigger.

3. Let go.
Put faith in the unknown and give up trying to control how your life will play out. When you embrace your spiritual side, you're choosing to believe that God, the universe, or the divine has your best interests in mind. Trust that there's something positive to be found even during tough times and that everything is happening as it should.

4. Meditate.
Meditation involves turning off your mind so you can connect with your spirit and your own peaceful center. It can be as simple as adding a one-minute pause to your day or taking a few deep breaths to create an oasis of calm in your world. That moment of quiet helps you free yourself to find insights that are typically drowned out by the noise of everyday life.

5. Stay connected.
Living spiritually is a daily choice, which requires more than going to a weekly religious service. You need to stay in touch with your own spirituality and spend time with people on a similar path. And surround yourself with visual cues such as short prayers or pictures that remind you of the person you want to be.

Love these! Going to add them to my journal!!! Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Goth, sorry you had a struggle but I'm pleased you posted here. I'm also going to copy those out for my recovery journal.

I thought about going to the cinema instead if a bar but then balked at the price (I haven't gone in about 3 years!) but then I thought I'd spend 4 times that if I went to the bar!! Perhaps you could take your wife to see a film?

S x