Notices

I know what I need to do but still tough

Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know what I need to do but still tough

So my ex, we broke up after 1 month in sober living is now in a new relationship with another recovering addict. I know that I must do what is best for me and work on getting myself better. But that little silver of hope still exists. I no longer contact her mainly cause she doesn't respond. At times i feel like the broken one, and that she has her stuff together. So torn and confused. Been going to therapy which has helped but still can't take that step of just letting go.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi whatnow - Welcome

I'm sorry you're feeling pain, but you're right - you know that you have to do that is best for you right now and focus on you.

Hang in there.

Recovery brings a lot of changes...even after 3 months I was a different person than I was when I started.

Most of us find our ideas, our expectations and our dreams about a lot of things will go through some changes.

Mine certainly did.

Work on getting yourself together, on becoming that new you....and have a little faith things will work out - maybe not the way you think, but they will work out

D
Old 11-21-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whatnow007 View Post
So my ex, we broke up after 1 month in sober living is now in a new relationship with another recovering addict. I know that I must do what is best for me and work on getting myself better. But that little silver of hope still exists. I no longer contact her mainly cause she doesn't respond. At times i feel like the broken one, and that she has her stuff together. So torn and confused. Been going to therapy which has helped but still can't take that step of just letting go.
that's tough...broken hearts...but you gotta take care of yourself first dude...not saying I'm very good at it but it's probably the best thing to do...good luck man!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I want to clarify my post, She is the one in sober living. The feeling i have experienced over the past three plus months were unexpected, but every day I feel better and get closer to totally letting go.