SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What's with all these tears? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/275066-whats-all-these-tears.html)

DNVR 11-20-2012 06:11 PM

What's with all these tears?

Today, I feel anxious, have racing thoughts, and I just can't stop from spontaneously crying. Surprisingly, the last thing I want to do is drink!

Anyone else have crying fits like this while sobering up? It comes out of nowhere...

Best,
DNVR

sugarbear1 11-20-2012 06:15 PM

hormones in them and numbed (OLD) feelings.

cucumber slices on closed eyes help after-swelling.

Love & hugs,

CaiHong 11-20-2012 06:34 PM

I did lots of crying earlier on and found it releasing, it would frustrate me at meetings as I couldn't speak as I was so choked up with tears. A good open and honest post from a newcomer moves me to tears often as your has, why, I have no idea. Welcome the tears I say.

Welcome DNVR
Love
CaiHong

Delilah1 11-20-2012 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by DNVR (Post 3681047)
Today, I feel anxious, have racing thoughts, and I just can't stop from spontaneously crying. Surprisingly, the last thing I want to do is drink!

Anyone else have crying fits like this while sobering up? It comes out of nowhere...

Best,
DNVR

I was feeling that way yesterday. I went to a meeting, although I sont usually go to AA I needed smothering immediate, pilates, and then some inspirational reading. Also spent time on here. I have a prescription for anxiety, and that helps some, but some days not enough.

As for crying, yup!! Several times. Hang in there, hope tomorrow is a better day.

MycoolFitz 11-20-2012 08:37 PM

I carried a gun for years and did stuff and I can find myself tearing up over most anything. It is like I opened the emotion damn and I'll be dammed they were all just there waiting for my surrender.

soberlicious 11-21-2012 07:00 AM

Yes, and even if you only look at it from a physiological standpoint, crying makes sense. Your receptors have been artificially flooded, seriously messed with. Your brain is just relearning normal, trying to find equalibrium. Give it time :)

MIRecovery 11-21-2012 07:01 AM

Yup!

sugarbear1 11-21-2012 07:13 AM

commercials make me cry

FamilyMan2153 11-21-2012 07:31 AM

I did a lot of crying as well. When I went to rehab we all did a lot of crying. Dealing with feelings and emotions that you hide with alcohol is very cleansing. Remember that these are your emotions, not right or wrong, they just are. Feel good about expressing them.

DNVR 11-21-2012 01:54 PM

Thanks everyone! Your responses are really nice.

hypochondriac 11-21-2012 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by DNVR (Post 3681047)

Yup. It freaked me out sometimes. I would spontaneously cry for no reason, then it became just when I talk about stuff or when people are nice to me. I'm hoping I get a handle on it soon ;) x