Notices

Day Four

Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Four

My second day four in 6 months. Guess I like pain lol.

I am so proud of myself. Yesterday ( Day 3) I found out I have Melonoma and the first thing I thought is wow I don't have to suffer anymore I have a license to drink, who could blame me? I am probably going to die anyway? Poor me!

Someone or something slapped me in the head and said this pain and suffering of withdrawal will not be for nothing. Someone or something wants you clean and sober but also wants me to appreciate the life I have whatever may be remaining!

So my little brain said "you don't need a drink!"

I didn't drink!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there timewilltell,
I'm sorry to hear of your health news....it's a worrying time for you. But well done for the inner strength you have to not pick up at such a stressful time. I applaud you, that takes a huge amount of restraint and you must be very proud of yourself.
I really hope your health improves and the future is bright for you. Keep going x
Old 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! Although I am also very sorry to hear about the news of your health. Dont forget that there are many good storied with happy endings regarding that too. Never give up hope and try to stay positive
Old 11-20-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Congrats on Day 4! It takes a very strong character to receive disturbing news like that and still commit to doing the right thing for yourself. Best wishes for you, both in regard to your health issue and staying sober. You can make it. You will make it.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of your health problem, hope you are getting good medical advice and treatment. Good for you staying sober. You will be better able to follow through with needed treatment sober. Lots of good wishes for your health.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi timewilltell

Cancers one of those words that can really knock the wind out of us, but I hope your melanoma proves to be one of the very many easily treatable ones.

Whatever the situation, drinking just won't make it better.

D
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks so much you guys! I don't understand how I did it?

Can't believe my boyfriend and family even gave me permission to drink. They said maybe this is not the best time to quit drinking, going through withdrawl cold turkey again and being pretty sick already.

Seriously, I thought about it. I watched a YouTube video the other day and something one guy said changed my mind. I always thought it's hopeless, I am weak, I am worthless, no one cares etc etc. But this guy said he quit AA and the pity party. He had had it with being told he was weak etc etc the hole twelve step bull crap they feed us to make us feel bad, weak and guilty about everything. He decided he had enough of that "stinking thinking".

He was not a weak person. He told himself, I am the master of my thinking. I choose to think only the best about me. We are what we think. If we think we are weak then we will be.

Hmmmm I thought this guy is onto something. I made the choice to change my thinking. I am strong, I am a wonderful person, people love and care about me. I care about me and I choose not to be a drunk and as if by magic I knew I could control it, ME.

So yesterday when I got the bad news. I told myself "you don't need a drink" and the stinking thinking disappeared!

I tried it again when I was panicking about being told I have Melanoma. I don't know yet what stage I have until the results are back from the biopsy so after I cried for awhile (thinking the worst again) it came to me to try it again. I told myself "don't worry they caught it early and you are not going to die" and suddenly peace came into my mind.

I think this guy is on to something at least something that is working for me
Old 11-20-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Way to go timewilltell