Notices

Sick and tired

Old 04-12-2004, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Sick and tired

New to this boards
I keep beating my self up. Im addicted to presciption pills and have been for the last three years. trying to stop evey week when i run out of meds i put together 5 to 7 days clean time and i try so hard to stop but my disease kicks in and back to the doctors office to get more meds. Been going to meetings but the meeting i go to just dont do for me and im also going to therapy once a week and im not geting no where. Im sick and tired of being sick and tired. Can any one give me some advice. THANKS...
Old 04-12-2004, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Timebuster,

Welcome to SR. You've come to a great place to get support and understanding. I'm an alcoholic, but I believe an addict is an addict. I do understand trying to stop and I could only put 3 or 4 good days together and the disease would take over. When I look back on it, I feel like I must have lost my mind. To break the cycle for me, I had to change routines and patterns in my life. I had to purposely do something totally different at the time of the day when I would usually drink. That worked for me. Try not thinking long-term if you can, just take small steps. And, maybe a different therapist would help, maybe someone who specializes in addiction. I hope you keep hanging around and posting. Also, you might check out the Substanced Abuse forum on this board.

Love, Anna
Old 04-12-2004, 05:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Arrow Timebuster

Welcome to SR!! I too was addicted to prescription meds,and It is a wild ride!Have you tried telling your doctor?It can also be a deadly ride you might want to consider medical treatment(detox) as it is dangerous to withdraw from some meds-I am not a doctor,but I have been there...I was detoxed when I wanted to stop taking drugs(not needed)You haveto want it.There are many here who have been thru the same.hang in there! I am pullin for ya!I so feel you..Peace and prayers to you,you know my sister overdosed on prescribed meds the other nite and was about five minutes from death..dont play with this disease cause it sure aint playin with you..Trish.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Re: Sick and tired

Your not alone. Many of us alway's gave into the drug/alcohol. It takes a strong desire to do this and you don't have to do it alone. Keep going to those meetings, it takes awhile for some of us to have our light bulb moment. We're here for you!
Old 04-13-2004, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

i know exactly how you feel im going to the same thing right now and im having a very bad day the only reason im not taking pain pills right now is that ive looked all morning and i cant find any so i came here to try to get some control back this is the hardest thing ive ever done i have chronic back pain when i dont have them im in pure misery i have very little money and no insurance so getting anything done to fix my back is imposible
Old 04-13-2004, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im Moontime and I'm an addict!! Welcome Aboard! I've been in your shoes, it wasn't only until I was beat up to the point where I had no choice, either die, jail or get help. By the grace of god, I got help, first through a rehab program then through Narcotics Anonymous. Feelings and cravings pass, it does get better. Keep Coming Back!
Old 04-13-2004, 08:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dan

Meetings my friends. Bring the body to those rooms. The mind eventually tags along.
DD
Old 09-05-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My first thread here at Sober Recovery. 4/13/04

Progress not perfection.

I love it. Its nice to look back and see how far we have come in our recovery.

Ivan
Old 09-05-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing Timebuster?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Absolutely fantastic Anna, and yourself?

Ivan