Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

pray for a good Crown Attorney, pray for a good Crown attorney, pray for a good Crown

Notices

pray for a good Crown Attorney, pray for a good Crown attorney, pray for a good Crown

Old 11-20-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I've never been to weekend jail, but my ex-husband had to do that for a while. Basically, you check in, and they usually have some kind of busy work for you to do, but if not, you just hang out. Of course, we aren't in Canada, so I have no idea how it works there. Check if you can take books to help the time pass.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I hope i can bring a book at least.
Yeah, I will NOT be detoxing in jail. Thats for sure. That is a one way ticket to making hell hotter.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
it could be worse, although it feels like the is the worst it could be. the crown could have asked for more time and refused to accept the possibility of time on weekends. Anyone been to jail or gone on weekends? i think it would help me out to know what to expect becauce i have no idea.
They gave me jail on weekends.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FamilyMan2153 View Post
Hang in there Wind. I have court Monday. Second DUI and I will be going to jail, losing my nice job of 25 years and losing my house (almost certainly). That is a ton to lose and I am sure you are worried. The one thing that I will not lose is my sobriety!! Our drinking got us into this mess and if WE drink again the mess will be worse. If you like AA try reading the Promises of sobriety. It always makes me feel better. This time will pass. Keep busy and hang in there.
I am sorry you are dealing with all of that Familyman. I will keep you in my thoughts Monday.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wind Dancer,

Just said a prayer for you, I am hoping they will look at all you have done and allow you to go to inpatient rather than jail. No matter what happens you are strong and will get through it. Please keep us updated.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Windancer)))))

Take some deep SLOW breaths. Take a breath, a deep one, hold to the count of ten
and exhale. Repeat 10 times.

This will help you to calm down, right now. Any time you feel the anxiety coming on
repeat the above. Pretty soon it will become a new habit, a good habit!!!!

Now, since the Judge will not be making the decision until January, then it is best, in
my humble opinion that you keep 'the plan' in tact and go to Rehab in December. There is the possibility that the Judge's staff or clerk will check and see if you are there
and when the Judge finds out that you are, may not order any jail time, just a longer
probation.

I personally have not done 'weekend jail time', however, have had many sponsees
over the years who have had to do this. Everyone has reported how easy it is and
the only thing was, they learned after the first weekend to BRING READING MATERIAL
because they were SO BORED, lol and then they would laugh. Some of them were
lucky enough to get assigned to a job now and then and that helped releive their
boredom.

Not knowing what program if any you are using to do recovery, I would suggest that
if you get 'weekend jail time' that you take with some reading materials from what-
ever method you are choosing to use for your recovery, be it SMART, AVRT, AA, etc

Again, since that decision is not until January, and it really would be best if you 'stayed
in today' what are you doing for your recovery today?

Love and hugs,
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the prayers and support. It honestly brings LOTS of tears to my eyes right now.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
(((((Windancer)))))

Again, since that decision is not until January, and it really would be best if you 'stayed
in today' what are you doing for your recovery today?

Love and hugs,
Thanks First, I am not leaving my apartment for love nor money. Second, I just gave my bank cards, visa and cash to my parents. I live in the country so I have made it almost impossible to drink. Ill continue with my self help books when I can concentrate well enough to read and try and be gentle with myself. I have an appointment with my addictions counsellor tommorow morning and my psychologist on Friday.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sothisisit View Post
It does come with automatic jail time. I took a two year suspension rather than 1 year plus the course and breathalyzer unit. Didn't want to drive anyway.
Apparently it is automatic if you get two DUIs in a 5 year period, which I did. Strange that I am against impaired driving....yet my past behaviour has obviously contradicted my belief system and made me a hypocrite. At least no one was hurt. That would be much much worse.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

yet my past behaviour has obviously contradicted my belief system and made me a hypocrite. At least no one was hurt. That would be much much worse.
Yep, alcohol can do that to us.

I am thankful that no one was hurt, and I do believe it sounds like maybe, just maybe, you have learned an awful lot from this second DUI!

Keep reading the materials you have. Keep reading and POSTING here at SR. This site can help you a lot, if you let us!

Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you for your continued recovery.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am very thankful to have found this site. It has been very beneficial for me and I truly appreciate all the understanding, support and non-judgemental attitudes. I intend to stick around here for quite awhile.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Laurie, your dog is beautiful btw.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Apparently it is automatic if you get two DUIs in a 5 year period, which I did. Strange that I am against impaired driving....yet my past behaviour has obviously contradicted my belief system and made me a hypocrite. At least no one was hurt. That would be much much worse.
Here its within 6 years. I did that also. I had two within 6 and 3 within 20. Because they never go away either.

Try to relax. Its not the end of the world. I was also terrified of county jail. I had been to the small local thing, but not the big one. And had to do 21 days. And I just made the best of it, and once I got in and spent the first night I really calmed down, accepted where I was and thanful that is was only 21 days. It could of been more like many others I was with..

You will be fine, relax , breath, and dont look back.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh when its over i wont be looking back thats for sure. Im going to have to really really work on overcoming my trauma issues after this...it is extremely hard for me to deal with. Flashbacks seem to come out of nowhere and they are like a horror movie that just keeps playing over and over.
It does sound as if my fears are likely worse than reality though. I hope that is true
Old 11-20-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

It does sound as if my fears are likely worse than reality though. I hope that is true
They most definately are... You will be okay.. We alcoholic love to overthink everything.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

That is true. Im an all or nothing, type A personality over-analyzer. Im working on it
Old 11-20-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Laurie, your dog is beautiful btw.
Thank you. That is Shania, my Belgian Sheepdog, she is what is known as a Groendahl, a medium haired black coloring. I got her as a rescue from a breeder that used to be a member of this site.

In the process I have also gotten two more that are Malinois 'flavor' lol They are the short haired fawn to brindle coloring that you see a lot as police K-9's, Military K-9's, and here in the states Border Patrol K-9's.

I LOVE the breed!!! I love all fur kids, but have become TOTALLY ADDICTED to the Belgian Sheepdog breed, all 'flavors' (colors)!!! lol

And you, my new friend, can get through ALL of this! As to the flashbacks, PTSD, you can get through this also. You may need some one on one counseling to thoroughly get past them but it is doable!!!!

Your 'willingness' is showing and that is AWESOME!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

WindDancer, I am sorry that you're going through so much stress and that you won't know the outcome until January. Stay focused on your recovery, try to enjoy each day and have faith that things will work out for the best.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you Anna. Im trying very hard to take ownership of my actions while also doing some damage controll to help myself stay sober. I guess keeping it in perspective helps. It is likely it will only be 30 days (20 for good behaviour). In the scheme of things 20 days isnt that long. Feels like forever to me right now though...i think ill feel a bit better when the shock has worn off and i simply accept it.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

When I served jail time it was by myself in a cell. I was pretty relieved to not be forced to "hang out" with people I didn't know. I guess that could have passed the time quicker though. I did 9 days. I just read the whole time.