Notices

Detoxing...

Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Detoxing...

I've been sober 9 days now. My tapering off my bender with beer has worked out well! My night sweats are slowing down in frequency. I'm glad to read that night sweats are a part of detoxing! I thought it was menopause....the shakes are finally gone....my BP went from 140 over 98 down to 104 over 65. My point is to all you out there going through detox and can't afford to go to a detox center, due to money or time, Tapering off if your strict about it really works! I had been on a two week bender drinking a 5th of Jack Daniels straight every 24 hrs. at least, round the clock. I weigh 115 pds. I can't leave my teenagers or animals but knew detoxing at home would be dangerous.
How To Taper Off Alcohol i'm not able to post the link here but I followed the 12 oz of beer every hour and a half initially then spacing them apart for longer and longer intervals. It worked like a charm! I still had detox symptoms and wasn't getting drunk but I lived through it and sober for 9 days today! Yay! Freedom!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome whatsurpoint, I'm glad it worked out for you. To everyone else use caution as what works for one person is not necessarily safe for everyone. It's still much better to seek medical avice before detoxing. If you're concerned about money then use the money you'll no longer be dumping down your throat.

Congrats on nine days!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I noticed my bp used to go down with a few drinks....just a few but in the end it always went back up. It is at very high levels now 170/95 but that is because I am coming off a binge. I am no longer going to drink at all and expect my bp to come down but it will take some time....as it did last time. I have had all the tests and all organs etc are fine so it is likely just stress on my body from what I put it through....either way I know long term no alcohol is much much better for me than any at all....mainly because I can't control myself so a little is never an option.