Notices

Once Again...

Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Once Again...

Well, here I am again, a foggy head and a bit blue but sober for the past two days. The last year or so of my life has been pretty boozy and reached an apex Friday night when I got black-out drunk in various bars around town and generally embarrassed the hell out of myself. Not that anyone really gave a crap except me but still...

Really I'm pretty depressed because I can't drink the ******** away. But at the same time I am optimistic things will actually change for me if I try hard enough. It seems like for me the difficult thing is that now I have to face reality; instead of pretending problems don't exist I have to actually confront them. That isn't easy for me, I want to believe the ******** I tell myself but I just can't anymore and that's why I've decided to give this stuff up and try to be a better person.

It's going to be a long, tough road but the alternative for me is death so I guess this beats the hell out of that. Looking forward to talking to you guys, don't struggle alone.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Called

facing reality is tough...but it's not impossible...the fear is far greater than the reality, I think.

Support really helps - I really encourage you to make the most of SR
Old 11-18-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
"Run Till U Rot"

You sound like the way I feel. Me too at two days and blue with remorse. Still, I feel grateful I have another chance to be alcohol free. I'm not in jail or in the sanitarium. There's hope that this time will be the last time and I'm full of ideas and convictions to make it stick. Good luck on your journey, I know we can make it, others have.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

So what’s the plan this time around? Different from previous attempts? If so how?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Good to see you here
Old 11-18-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Called and Runningman! SR has been my primary source of support for the past 38 days. There are wonderful people here who will offer support and inspiration.

Looking forward to getting to know both of you.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi

I keep returning to his site when I've screwed up. It's stupid because it's so helpful. I've been struggling with sobriety for more than 20 years - Been on a bender for four days (doesn't sound a long time but I've crammed a heck of a lot of vodka in). I just looked at myself in the mirror - I'm bruised and battered, dried blood all over my face. Very attractive look!! I can't do this any more - I want to change. There must be more to life than this