Notices

Caffeine Consumption and Recovery From Alcohol?

Old 12-15-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Soberish, I love coffee and been having it all the way since I quit drinking. My coffee consumption didn't change as far as I can say. I suffer from anxiety - but it goes back too long ago to blame coffee for this. Overall I don't feel like coffee was a hindrance to my sobriety. I , honestly, sometimes overdo with coffee, but it doesn't cause cravings , etc. But that's me.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I haven't changed my caffeine consumption since I initially started my sober journey a few years ago. The only time I didn't drink it was when I was drinking alcohol again. During my sober time, I have my few cups in the morning and then I'm good for the day. Finishing up my second cup now actually.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It definitely makes my anxiety worse. Prior to getting sober, I drank 2-3 cups of coffee every day just to try and wake me up and get rid of the alcohol headaches. I would then be so "up" that id drink just to calm down and feel normal then repeat the whole thing the next day.

The effect caffeine has on me is that after 1-2 very weak cups, I'm okay and feel alert, but anymore and I sweat, get the shakes, my mind starts racing, I feel sick and I often end up having a panic attack. So it's usually just one cup a day for me now as I love the taste!