Notices

I need a lttle humor

Old 11-18-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need a lttle humor

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

Mark Twain
Old 11-18-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

here you go:

the cardiologist's diet: - If it tastes good spit it out.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hear about the restaurant on the moon?

Great food but no atmosphere.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams
Old 11-18-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

For you Fitz:

Two men are sitting drinking at a bar at the top of the Empire State Building when the first man turns to the other and says: "You know, last week I discovered that if you jump from the top of this building, by the time you fall to the 10th floor, the winds around the building are so intense that they carry you around the building and back into the window." The bartender just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the bar.

The second guy says, "What are you a nut? There is no way in hell that could happen." "No, it's true," said the first man, let me prove it to you." He gets up from the bar, jumps over the balcony, and plummets to the street below. When he passes the 10th floor, the high wind whips him around the building and back into the 10th floor window and he takes the elevator back up to the bar.

He met the second man, who looked quite astonished. "You know, I saw that with my own eyes, but that must have been a one time fluke." "No, I'll prove it again," says the first man as he jumps. Again just as he is hurling toward the street, the 10th floor wind gently carries him around the building and into the window.

Once upstairs he urges his fellow drinker to try it. "Well, what the hell," the second guy says, "it works, I'll try it!" He jumps over the balcony plunges downward, passes the 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th floors... and hits the sidewalk with a "splat." Back upstairs the bartender turns to the other drinker, saying "You know, Superman, you're a real ******* when you're drunk."
Old 11-18-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dear Ma and Pa,

I am well. Hope you are. Tell Brother Walt and Brother Elmer the Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. Tell them To join up quick before maybe all of the places are filled. I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m., but am getting so I like to sleep late.

Tell Walt and Elmer all you do before breakfast is smooth your cot and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing. Men got to shave but it is not so bad, there's warm water.

Breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food. But tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit between two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you till noon, when you get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much.

We go on "route" marches, which the Platoon Sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it is not my place to tell him different. A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks. The country is nice, but awful flat. The Sergeant is like a schoolteacher. He nags some.

The Capt. is like the school board. Majors and Colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.

This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bulls-eye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move. And it ain't shooting at you, like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges.

They come in boxes.

Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be real careful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that ole bull at home. I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake. He joined up the same time as me. But I'm only 5'6" and 130 pounds and he's 6'8" and weighs near 300 pounds dry.

Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.

Your loving daughter, Gail
Old 11-18-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The cavalryman was galloping down the road, rushing to catch up with his regiment. Suddenly his horse stumbled and pitched him to the ground. Lying in the dirt with a broken leg, terrified of the approaching enemy, the soldier called out: "All you saints in heaven, help me get up on my horse!" Then, with superhuman effort, he leaped onto the horse's back and fell off the other side. Once again on the ground, he called to the heavens: "All right, just half of you this time!"
Old 11-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If ignorance is bliss . . . why aren't more people happy?
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong,
is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

A man walks into his doctor's office and the doctor asks him "What brings you to see me today?"

The man says: "I'm a wigwam. I'm a teepee. I'm a wigwam. I'm a teepee. I'm a...."

The doctor interrupts: "Whoa, settle down buddy, you're two tents!"
Old 11-18-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!" - Dan Quayle, on the concept of a manned mission to Mars
Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Took me two times to get it Hydrogirl, lol
Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes." - Richard Nixon