Notices

Mental

Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mental

Hello,

I am 35 years old and after yet another binge am wanting to stop once and for all. I work for an insurance company and am the boss of a small dept. Went out on a workshow on Friday night and got plastered. Ended up in town with some of my employees and don't remember leaving. Did some crazy stuff and really embarrassed myself....feel very anxious. When I get Like this I can't control myself and things go out of control. I have no sense of risk and do stupid things. I just have no self control. I thought I could control myself...just a few drinks etc but clearly I can't so now know I need to give up forever. I am completely fine when sober and almost a nice person but have no sense of risk when I drink. Everything else in my life is really good except for the evil of drinking and what I do when I drink......HELP
Old 11-17-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I was the same, would drive and not remember and did many stupid things. Well if you want to stop, you can. There are many options on the site, AA Avrt etc

Glad you joined
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Tiredman)) - Welcome to SR! I think most of us did stupid stuff that we aren't too proud of, but the good news is you CAN quit. SR has been a huge part of my recovery and it's great "talking" to people who get us

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

welcome to the club
Old 11-17-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks...but my stupidy often hurts others and unfortunately trouble seems to find me when I drink....have a very uncomfortable Monday ahead but I guess that dealing with that is the first step and then sticking to the plan. I did go 4 months without a drink last year and then crashed heavily....it feels easy when I feel like this but as I recover I feel good and then seem to have to do it all again....I plan to give it a real go this time and if I stumble I am going to get professional help
Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Many of us did the same. I actually just got back on the magic wagon after a month sober. I tought I could just have a few. Now what is different is that I know that I will never touch booze again. Sometimes it takes a couple of attempts.

Monday will be just fine,