Notices

Watching college ball soberrrrr whaaaa??

Old 11-17-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Watching college ball soberrrrr whaaaa??

Yup, I am making it just fine Six day I thought it would be harder but no. I am still yelling at the TV, hahaha. Cooking, drinking lots of water, and tea. Earlier I made pancakes peanut butter and jelly It was very filling.

Feeling great! After Oregon vs. Stanford, and Kansas St. vs. Baylor I am going to eat and do homework
Old 11-17-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talk about a day of upset. USC lost to UCLA, #1Kansas State and #2 Oregon lost to Standford and Baylor, respectively. Great games today
Old 11-18-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I felt utterly Duck-feated last night...
Old 11-18-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awsome maso! We can do same things sober and enjoy them

And you will remember the game!

You ok foodie?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember the scores being from Kansas that was a painful memory
Old 11-18-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

@foodie, it sucked, but toward the end honestly the Ducks looked tired, and beaten. They hadn't played a defense that has been able to contain them so well, and I think that brought down the moral of the team. Although a low scoring game, it was a hell of a game.

@patman, yah it was great. I only got a craving late at night when I was listening to music I like to party to, but I had a roommate to support me and say NO MAN, NO. So I made a tea instead. I feel like I can make it this time past ten days! I had to hard days where my alcoholic voice was tripping like no other, and I (cranky and angry) was able to pull it off.

@Fitz, indeed. I couldn't believe my eyes how Baylor was running up on K-State like they were a no body.

It was an amazing day of college ball
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can't say anything about U.S. college ball, but up here the Toronto Argonauts beat Montreal today to get into the Grey Cup final (the 100th Grey Cup at that). Further, it will be hosted right here in Toronto so it will be a home game. This city will be a giant drunk fest. I'm leaving town that weekend so that I'm not around it. Not because I worry about being tempted to indulge but I simply don't want to be witness to people behaving as insanely as I did years ago.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sothisisit, as I read your post and you talking about your city being a drunkfest, in my still very alcoholic mind I am like "how cool.... wait thats bad" hahaha, it is still very much a part of my life. I am starting to realize how bad I really got with the damn juice, and my mind still thinks drunkfest are cool.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, it is a bad thing.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go Bruins!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Now that I watched football sober this weekend I can actually remember who won and who lost. I don't have to watch SportsCenter with a hangover tomorrow.

My Pats had a bitter sweet win tonight. 59-24 but lost Gronkowski for 4-6 weeks
Old 11-18-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Now that I watched football sober this weekend I can actually remember who won and who lost. I don't have to watch SportsCenter with a hangover tomorrow.

My Pats had a bitter sweet win tonight. 59-24 but lost Gronkowski for 4-6 weeks
They lost the Gronk!! That is a terrible loss, he is a hell of a football player.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by MesoFreak View Post
They lost the Gronk!! That is a terrible loss, he is a hell of a football player.
Yup Looks like he'll be back JUST in time for the playoffs but he was their best weapon (obviously). Very upsetting.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So awesome... I have yet to try to watch a game sober..
Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SkylerTime View Post
So awesome... I have yet to try to watch a game sober..
Skyler you can get there to. Its not easy by any means whatsoever. I really had to multitask to get it out of my mind. I drank water like I was a baby whale lol, drank tea, ate peanut and jelly pancakes while watching games, was cooking at times, and eating some more. hahaha It was not easy, but I succeeded at not thinking about it. I had no idea doing all those things would help in not even thinking/craving it but it helped a lot!!! I hope you can try it to when you are ready for it, when you are we will be here supporting and watching over your progress

jjay, I hope he makes a full recovery. He is fun to watch, and such a successful TE would hate to see his career change because of his injury. Wasn't he also injured last year? I forgot what he had last year but was also able to make to the post season. I hope this isn't a pattern for him.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Originally Posted by MesoFreak View Post

jjay, I hope he makes a full recovery. He is fun to watch, and such a successful TE would hate to see his career change because of his injury. Wasn't he also injured last year? I forgot what he had last year but was also able to make to the post season. I hope this isn't a pattern for him.
Yeah, he had an ankle injury right before the Super Bowl last year. He still played but wasn't 100%. The ankle is more of a concern than this forearm injury. I'm sure his forearm will heal just fine. But having ankle surgery at 23 years old on a body that size could come back to haunt him.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Awsome maso! We can do same things sober and enjoy them

And you will remember the game!

You ok foodie?
Thanks Patman, I'm fine, no drinking or anything, although I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the thought when we went to OT!

Stanford just played a better game than we did. But at least now we're all sober and actually make it to the 2nd half of the game!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Meso! I had not thought of distracting myself while watching.