Notices

Spice Consumed with no way out...

Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Spice Consumed with no way out...

I have had several times in my life that I have had periods of sobriety. I was quitting smoking and looking for an alternative (Band Aid). In ,my heart of hearts knew there was nothing but clean honest living. I am currently smoking 6 to 8 ounces of spice a day... I hate myself sober... What can I expect from withdrawl??? I am too ashamed to show my face right now.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Cass

Spice was after my time but I know from things I've read here it's pretty terrible stuff.

The best thing you could do is stop smoking it. The second best thing I think is see your Dr - they may not know much about it either but they may know people who do?

D
Old 11-17-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee, please see your doctor if you experience bad withdrawl symptoms.. I've used spice before and even though I did not enjoy it I found myself craving it, and I've read that it is indeed addictive.

If you experience bad axiety or depression after stopping, you should talk to a psychiatrist because you might benefit from an antidepressent or anti-anxiety medication.

I wish you the best of luck my friend!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The first week is the worst, I experienced insomnia, lack of appetite, weight loss, constant dizziness and nausea, vomiting, headaches persistent cold and hot flashes, sweating, heart arrhythmia, anxiety. And extreme depression. And all that pales in comparison to the craving. By the second week I began to feel human again. Quitting was the most difficult thing I have ever done, but also the most necessary and worthwhile. Know that you are not alone, when you make the choice we are ALL right beside you. Choose life, show them you are a person not a lab rat.