Notices

New to this site...

Old 11-16-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this site...

Hello all! I don't quite understand how the forums work here, I didn't find a place to introduce myself.

So I thought I would start here and see if I get directed somewhere.

TeeB
Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, I just joined yesterday and am a bit confused, as well. I have never even done one of these forum things before. Anyway, welcome, and I hope we will both figure it out soon..it seems like a great resource, with very nice and helpful people.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Jennifer! Yeah this is a bit confusing. Thanks for the welcome and I hope we both figure it out. So far so good, at least I found my post after I posted it.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome both of you!
Tell us a bit about yourself and we'll know where to direct you. THere are several different forums for a variety of folks. Alcoholism, drug addiction, mental health, family members etc.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Jennifer and Tee you both found the proper place to introduce yourselves, welcome. You'll figure the site out quickly. I think it's really well set up.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Welcome to Jennifer and Tee, glad you found us. There is a lot of support here for you, so jump in!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello. Thanks for the wonderful welcome.

Well next month will be 1 year sober. My main issue is my son. He's 21 and an alcoholic also. I have no clue how to deal with this. He's worse than I was when I was in my 20's. He's become a daily drinker and I'm scared to death! Alcohol has ruined so many people in my family and my son's dad died when my son was 10 of an overdose of painkillers. He was an alcoholic also. My son was visiting him at the time, and he died in the very next room. His mom found him dead in the morning and my son was taken out of the house and was told later in the day. I know he hasn't dealt with this issue. When he's drunk he cries about it but when he's sober he won't even talk about him. I want to help him but I don't know how or if I can.

Sorry for the rambling.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Tee and Jennifer!

Tee, congratulations on 11 months sobriety - totally awesome. I'm at five months I'm sure others with more experience will chime in, but here are a few tips for this site.

You can both join the Class of Nov. 2012, it is devoted to folks who join SR in that month. Tee, you may also benefit from the Friends and Family forum.

Again, welcome
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Kim I'll look into that. I'm so overwhelmed with this site right now I'll go take a look around.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Tee and Jennifer; Welcome! You have figured out how to start a thread, so thats great! Usually I log on and click "new posts" at the top to see what everyones talking about - you can search stuff that interests you. You should click the uper left "user CP" to figure out how to update your own info, figure out how to send mail etc. You will get it all figured out in no time! I will send you a private message which will cause the box in the upper right corner to flash and you can learn how to get your mail. See you around!