Notices

Overly Emotional

Old 11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Overly Emotional

Hello friends, today is day 19. I have always been a emotional person however the last week I cry at everything. Things that make me happy,sad or funny.
Hell even getting in a little debate with someone made me break down crying when no one was even mad lol.
I find myself watching shows and having to pause it because I start crying. Hell even music is making me cry.
I think I am at a point where I seem to be relating everything happening to something in my life.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 11-15-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! All of those feelings you soaked with alcohol are coming to the surface.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I posted something similar yesterday. It's the worst. I am on day 3. I hope it's gets better for both of us soon.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dogmamma I am sure it will! All I know is that even though I am emotional it feels good because I am clean.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea it is bad when you are a guy too. I can cry over about anything but laugh my head off too. It is what it is is, When I got drafted years ago this guy introduced himself as Sargent Kocks, I laughed so hard I nearly threw up. It did not make Sarge happy.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Everything I experience reminds me of a song. Old and new. Jim Price and Bon Jovi and everything in between. Most of them are of great memories but all of them make me emotional.

Crying is good. I like a good cry now and then, especially when I have a song in my head.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

I'm going through trying to get sober and the fact that my ex is 900 miles away and 4 months pregnant with my firstborn child. I'm fearful I'll never get to even see my child. I cry or almost cry every time I see a baby posted on Facebook or on a TV commercial/TV show or even on an advertisement. I just become an absolute mess.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4kidsdad View Post
Everything I experience reminds me of a song. Old and new. Jim Price and Bon Jovi and everything in between. Most of them are of great memories but all of them make me emotional.

Crying is good. I like a good cry now and then, especially when I have a song in my head.
Oh HATE crying. Not if others do it. Just my doing it. That's why I've mostly been sitting here with a blank stare for most of the day. I can't cry today because this day, aside from my boyfriend and the obvious break up pending, has been crazy bad from the time I woke up. I wish I could cry, but it like there is so much pain that I have to go numb or I'll never stop crying or even know what to do with it.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dogmamma View Post
Oh HATE crying. Not if others do it. Just my doing it. That's why I've mostly been sitting here with a blank stare for most of the day. I can't cry today because this day, aside from my boyfriend and the obvious break up pending, has been crazy bad from the time I woke up. I wish I could cry, but it like there is so much pain that I have to go numb or I'll never stop crying or even know what to do with it.
That reminds me of a song from long, long ago: It's My Party I Can Cry If I Want To...

Put a sweet song in your head and change that blank stare into a HOPEFUL gaze and keep moving forward...
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dogmamma View Post
I cry constantly too. The post on SR, the hard truths I am learning and knowing the work of the journey ahead all makes me cry. I am a hot mess and a little dehydrated from all the tears but if this is what it takes...............
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freeatlast1313 View Post
I cry constantly too. The post on SR, the hard truths I am learning and knowing the work of the journey ahead all makes me cry. I am a hot mess and a little dehydrated from all the tears but if this is what it takes...............
What's hilarious is that I *just* wrote this, posted a thread about a break up, and the people who responded made me cry. Love how you guys make I liar out of me.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

For me crying seems to be a release. Afterwards I feel much better. Even at times when I am not sure why i cried. So I guess in a way maybe i should be thankful I cry.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Funny thing was Kocks was a real dick
Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Funny thing was Kocks was a real dick
Im not sure I could have managed not to laugh everytime i heard his name
Old 11-15-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

He was someyhing so full of himself, from hour one we got into it. I can be an idiot he is going on and I said what are you going to do draft me? Not than they take it out on your buds. Funny thing they never took it out on me. For whatever reason I think I was respected. But I always called him Sarge Dick.