Notices

You might be an alcoholic if .....

Old 11-16-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Oh yes, Panacea...the brushing of the teeth.

Yep - absolute insanity my friends.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
You didn't know it was possible to brush your teeth without gagging.
I haven't been there for a while, but for me it was the back of the tongue. One scrape with the toothbrush and I was off to the the races with the gagging. But the tongue looked so gross with that white bacteria on it, I had to brush it. I had to sit down to keep from hurling, all the while knowing I had an appointment to make in time, hoping to God I didn't look pale, washed out, and smell of alcohol - not to mention that my hair still wasn't dry from my shower.

But hey, by the time the chores were done for the day, I was jonesing and I needed a "reward" for going through all that stuff. Tomorrow's tongue brushing be damned.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

...When you get in such bad shape, pass out, have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night....except you don't wake up or remember...and some things happen in strange or embarrassing places. yes, i admitted it. lol
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

After a night out heavy drinking with significant other+ friends, your first move once home is to the fridge for more

In trying to be "responsible" cut your night out short because you have to drive, but then drink all night once you get home

Unable to pickup your wife from a bachelorette party d/t drinking when your you knew about the party weeks in advance (thinking was I would start earlier in the day then cut off hours before she needed to be picked up. went to plan except the cutting off part)

Passed out outside at your own housewarming party, blacked out, then be told that you threw a fit when you had to be taken to bed the next morning
Old 11-17-2012, 01:27 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

buying booze for long haul flight......rotating bars......buying booze for holiday even though it's an all in deal.....waking up heart pounding 3am getting up and knocking back a cold beer in less than 30seconds.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

...if after hearing someones experiences with alcoholism which include how much they would drink, emergency room visits, detox, rehab, jail, lost marriages, loss of basically everything, you think, "that's all?"
Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

....you're so disgusted with yourself that you can put on your makeup in the morning without looking at your face.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

You buy extra bottles of wine to store I case you need more after visiting a friend and taking wine round. Then after drinking at your friends, coming home and drinking more you realise you've run out. So think it would be a good idea to go wondering the streets round the clubs trying to find a party to go to for more Boose. Shame shame you know my game xx
Old 11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Ha! You can't put on your mascara /eyeliner b/c you're shaking too bad. You have to hold it with 2 hands.
Pitiful. I forgot about that.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

In a bar sinking your first beer (saying you that deserve it in your head), then thinking about your second beer while checking the time.....calculating how much you can drink before you go home.....or move on to another bar.....or for what ever other reason.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

being offered a job in another country and checking prices of alcohol in that country.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

When you run out of hiding places for the vodka that your wife doent know about in the house and start using the outside!

when you walk three miles to the shops because your car battery is flat and drink a bottle of whiskey on the way back, getting lost in the woods taking what you thought was a short cut, and end up walking / staggering 6 miles.

When you dog looks at you in a strange way and wont come near you after a bottle of vodka.

When you drink outside the house in the car before coming home.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

You don't top off your gas tank with the company credit card so you can throw a six pack on the bill.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hahaha! Memories, I relate to almost all of these.
It gives me more determination for sobriety, I don't want to go back to the chaos!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:49 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Stopped playing video games, because with both hands on a controller, I couldn't drink enough.