Notices

You might be an alcoholic if .....

Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

When you tell work you have to leave early because of an "emergency"
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I need to say thanks MIRecovery, I got a lot "out" today. Things that I "boxed up" things I was ashamed of, things that I never thought I would tell another person. Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sothisisit View Post
...if you make it to the office for 9 o'clock and wonder why no one is there, then realize that you got there 9 at night.
Ha!!!! All these are cracking me up, but this one is beyond.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

When your office has a bomb scare, and they tell you to leave for an hour, and you come back bombed, because it's Pearl Harbor Day, and that's what you do, isn't it?????
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post
I'm still waiting for this thread to get closed down, since it serves no purpose for recovery, but till then I am really enjoying the stupid antics we did.

used my beer can once as an ashtray. Found out that was the last can, no more beer, strained my beer to get the ashes out of it.

How low can you go?????
Oh it's serving my recovery. I needed a laugh so bad today I could pass out. Also, if we don't remind ourselves what we became from drinking, it makes it easier to slip up. I needed this thread.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I need to say thanks MIRecovery, I got a lot "out" today. Things that I "boxed up" things I was ashamed of, things that I never thought I would tell another person. Thanks
It is cleansing. I certainly am not proud of any of my posts but that does not mean they did not happen. Alcohol makes us do insane things and then tells us that our behavior is normal.

"We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it." In sobriety we have to learn from our mistakes not wallowing in the shame of the past we wish never happened.

We all do the same crazy stuff and as a result we can relate to each other and are able to help each other. This is one of the gifts of recovery. No one can understand an alcoholic better than a fellow alcoholic
Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
It is cleansing. I certainly am not proud of any of my posts but that does not mean they did not happen. Alcohol makes us do insane things and then tells us that our behavior is normal.

"We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it." In sobriety we have to learn from our mistakes not wallowing in the shame of the past we wish never happened.

We all do the same crazy stuff and as a result we can relate to each other and are able to help each other. This is one of the gifts of recovery. No one can understand an alcoholic better than a fellow alcoholic
I just want to say "wow" and thank you again. It was a real eye opener, I thought of things that I tried to bury because of shame, but sometimes you need that shame to make things better. I truly wish this thread continues for awhile because it helped me so much, I think it is so much different then if you are in active alcoholism as opposed to trying to recover. You want to hide these things, you want to make them go away, but when you are trying to recover, you want to remember these things, so that you don't repeat them again.

Again, I think this is an excellent thread
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

being arrested coming out of court
being arrested leaving prison
waking up in a bush again
not realising for 13 years that I was homeless
Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

To some degree this is a fourth step and if you like this thread do a real 4th step with a sponsor and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. My tag line says it all and is the result of working the 12 steps
Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Stopped in to say I find this thread cleansing too. Gives me a chance to laugh at myself and be GRATEFUL that EACH ONE OF US never, ever has to face such things again.

SR Rocks.

I might be an alcoholic if....I concocted giant "healthy" vodka beverages with fruit juice and fizzy water so I wouldn't get dehydrated.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Told my wife some one had stolen a stove off the back pourch only to find out later that I had sold it to a friend of hers
Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
To some degree this is a fourth step and if you like this thread do a real 4th step with a sponsor and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. My tag line says it all and is the result of working the 12 steps

I was going to ask you if this was the 4th, even though it was a bit extreme. Originally if I would have done the 4th, I would have tried to be humble, but would never have said what I did here. And I do feel so much better for getting out all that humiliating embarrassing things that I did. Thanks again
Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

If you threw your empty wine bottles into your neighbours garden so they look like the pissheads...lol
Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I was going to ask you if this was the 4th, even though it was a bit extreme. Originally if I would have done the 4th, I would have tried to be humble, but would never have said what I did here. And I do feel so much better for getting out all that humiliating embarrassing things that I did. Thanks again
What a strange way of doing a 12 step, must say I am impressed, because it did help at least one person, and that was me.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Falling into a 4 foot deep construction hole, head first, on crutches with a cast on my leg while trying to pee without even a scratch
Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

If you go through a lot of tires.....
Old 11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

If this thread every makes you think about what the h3ll did you ever do to your life?????
Old 11-15-2012, 03:32 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Your friends take your keys and call you a cab then you make the cabbie let you out at a bar near your house and end up getting a ride home from the nice policeman because you were asked to leave the bar and drunk walking down the road on a cold February night.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

If when you go on vacation with your bf, soon to be h, soon to be exah, now ex, and he convinces you that yes, we can go to the bar, it is only 20 feet from our room and your daughter who is 7 is with you, and he keeps saying but she sleeps all night anyway, we can go for an hour or 2. she sleeps all night anyway. Then she walks into the bar an hour later looking for you, in her nightgown

I know I will hear it on this one, but that is ok, I deserve it
Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

If when you go on vacation with your bf, soon to be h, soon to be exah, now ex, and he convinces you that yes, we can go to the bar, it is only 20 feet from our room and your daughter who is 7 is with you, and he keeps saying but she sleeps all night anyway, we can go for an hour or 2. she sleeps all night anyway. Then she walks into the bar an hour later looking for you, in her nightgown

I know I will hear it on this one, but that is ok, I deserve it
I got one pretty close to as bad worse in some ways but it is a long story and still makes my skin crawl. Never made it to my 4th step because I did not remember it until now. Do not know if I should be happy or sad