Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Almost made it to a week :( I feel this is the only place I can be 100% honest....

Notices

Almost made it to a week :( I feel this is the only place I can be 100% honest....

Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

yes good idea, i tend to only think through to the self kidding excuses, it is really hard though because even when i know the consequences i still drink. i wore a band around my wrist as a constant reminder not to drink, its in the bin now. i found my self thinking of alcohol all day like a pop up in my head. although as a rule to myself i wont let myself drink before 6pm, cant bear to be drunk druing the day, to many hours to be let loose and do crazy stuff, this has been a hard lesson learnt from past experiance. i used to drink on a sunday afternoon using the excuse of others have a drink with their sunday roast, but in my case one would lead to many and me been absolutly plastered by early eve, which it aint no good my kids seeing their mother in such a state and their dad picking me up of the floor or worse. life with a drunk aint no fun for anyone. Well the good news is im not drinking today yay, the bad is i had a skinful last night, almost got poisened by cider the can was full of some sort of detergent, the scarry thing is if i hadnt of discovered it early on i probley would of drank it.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Winddancer,
Thank you so much for posting on my welcome thread. You really helped me. I did not realize you are as new to the game as I am.

I started this journey wondering if I am an alcoholic or not. Then I realized it doesn't matter what I am. I have a problem. Wow, I said it. That was scary! I have a drinking problem. I down a bottle of red wine every night. Just saying that makes me want a drink.

On Wednesday and Thursday I had no wine. Then on Friday I downed a whole bottle of wine in an hour. Saturday and today, Sunday, I had no wine. Pshew!

I am so happy to have found you all.
Junebugapril
Old 11-18-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TSDD View Post
Good answer. Fact is you don't have to drink even if you want to. I would suggest you load up the refrigerator with ice cream. If you're considering a drink take a half gallon of ice cream, peel the sides down, and eat the whole thing. I have yet to meet the man or woman who has put down a jug of wine on top of half a gallon of chocolate ice cream.
I think that's a great idea. But you met the woman who can have ice cream with a wine chaser. That would be me. I have been eating chocolate chips out of the bag whenever I want to drink. That's helping a little.

I am thinking of getting some fancy drinks like peach juice or soda just to have something good to drink in the house. Ehh. Maybe not. I used to mix peach juice with vodka, so that might just be a trigger.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Im glad your still here Windancer, its so ingrained to drink/use, it takes time for our thinking attitude and perspective to change, but in the meantime we dont have to pick up and can rely on the support around us.