Notices

Need help for my dad

Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need help for my dad

My father is coming out of jail, he has been there for 15 months on drug possession charges (he has been addicted to several drugs for many years) and has since completed several 12 step programs. However, now that he is getting out he has no place to go. Im the only person left willing to be there for him and im only 18 years old. I need to find a FREE rehab or halfway house for him to go to that is going to help him stay sober, find a job, and basically rebuild his life. I want him to have rules and guidelines but i dont want him to feel like hes still in jail. Please help me, Im only 18 and I cant find anything useful on the internet. All i can find is expensive private rehabs that i cant afford. Christian programs are a plus but as long as its free it will work. Our location is broward county florida. Thank you guys!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is not your responsibility.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome greendayluver

The Salvation Army run a free rehab programme in many parts of the US...it is 6 months duration tho.

With regards to other programmes and halfway houses - I'm not American..wouldn't someone in the parole process have this kind of info, though?

Maybe all your Dad needs to do is ask?
D
Old 11-13-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do not know of resources in your area, but I applaud you for trying to help your father. He is fortunate to have you in his life. Have you tried calling 211? What about the AA chapter in your area?

You are like me in that I find that I can not turn away from a person or animal suffering, if I might be able to help in the slightest - and that is what the world needs more of - people taking responsibility for others well-being. Our world would be a better place if more people practiced acts of kindness like yours.

Best of luck to you in your search and I think there is a family support forum on here that might help too.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Greenday,

You might ask your dad to check with the Chaplin at the jail or maybe his probation office for referrals or recommendations. he can also call the General Office of AA or NA (numbers in the phone book for your area) to see about getting to a meeting or resources for sober living.

Please take care of you. I'm an alcoholic in recovery. If your Dad has completed 12 Step rehabs, he should know what he needs to do.

I hope this helps.

Love from Lenina