Notices

Isn't it Ironic... Don't ya think?

Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Nunya,

no one here is disgusted by you. As you get to know the recovering community, you'll meet folks from all walks of life. From every level. welcome! Please keep coming back!

love from Lenina
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Nunya,

I think we all get to a point that we realize it is time to stop. I had many hmmm, I should probably cut down/stop drinking thoughts prior to sticking with it this time. I am closing out Day 33 and it isn't easy, but it is getting easier.

This is a really supportive site and you will find great advice and people.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much Amy, Lenina, and Delilah!!

On one hand I'm so terrified of letting the vodka go... On the other hand, I know it's destroying my life. I can't imagine going out with my friends and NOT drinking. Pathetic, huh??

Still so drunk I can't believe I'm still able tom type this!!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well you try to get a good night sleep, and think about this again 2moro. You are allows welcomed here. I quit so many times, it's hard to count. But the best I ever felt was when I wasn't drinking.

You can do this if you want to, and I would love to have the same sobriety date as you.

It wasn't an accident that you came here tonight, maybe it was fate.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The "feeling" of being drunk isn't so much a feeling, as it is a mask for your feelings.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Nunya)))). I think we forget what it's like to be sober. We can socialize, dance, laugh and generally have a good life! I'm posting a link for you. Please read through it when you're ready. there's lots of recovery methods, AVRT and Rational Recovery worked best for me I think, Because it explained the whole alcoholic thought process to me in a way that made best sense.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...iscussion.html

This is a five part thread. Its very helpful to me and I will have five years sobriety December 1!

Love from Lenina
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Your boyfriend sounds really nice. How about coming clean with him, admitting you have a problem, and work through it together? He's going to notice the drinking eventually.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Drunk again. Why am I such a loser???
Old 11-14-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think you're a loser - you have a problem - it's not the same thing.

The real question now is - what are you prepared to do about your problem, Nunya?
What are you prepared to do to change things?

D
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Nunya. I'm so glad you came here. When I first joined I was still drinking. I knew in my heart things had to change - I was slowly destroying myself, trying to hang on to the old euphoric feelings drinking used to give me.

I continued to drink for a few months, but came here every day to read and gather information and strength. Finally, I was able to lay it down - and I am close to 5 yrs. sober. This is after a lifetime of drinking. You can have a new life, Nunya. We are here to help.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Nunya and welcome to SR

I really feel your pain but you've made a great step forward by joing SR.

Some really great folk here who have helped me brilliantly with there support and advice.

Take care and look forward to reading more posts from you.

Hugs
Old 11-14-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nunya View Post
Drunk again. Why am I such a loser???
Not a loser, just an alcoholic. Been there, done that. You've got plenty of company here.

I have a couple of comments, take 'em or leave 'em.

—Focus on the positive things you're doing. You're here. You're thinking about this. You're acknowledging the problem—that's huge, Nunya. Some people never do. Took me way too long to come around to it. So pat yourself on back. You're already making progress, moving in the right direction.

—Distrust negative thoughts and emotions. Your mind is at war with itself right now. Part of you wants to stop. Another part of you—the addiction—doesn't. The addiction wants you to think you can't change this, that there's no point even trying, that life will be miserable without alcohol, that you're a loser. All lies. Don't believe a word of it. Check out the AVRT link Lenina posted for more info on that.

—Be grateful. You're alive. You can turn this around, step off the treadmill, and never look back. Yes, you are going to have to work your ass off. Yes, it will be hard as hell at first. But then it will get easier... and even easier... and you'll discover that life without alcohol is far better than you imagined.

When I first quit, it seemed like a huge sacrifice. I knew it was important, that my life probably depended on it, but it still felt like a loss. Here's the thing though: at a certain point, sobriety stopped feeling like a sacrifice, and started feeling like a gift. Even the bad stuff is better, or at least more manageable. I feel better about myself, and as a result, I feel better about other people, life, the world... everything is better. It's not about giving something up; it's about getting stuff back, starting with freedom and self respect.

Welcome to SR, Nunya. You can do this; anyone can. We are all living proof of that.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Not a loser, not a failure. In fact given the nature of the problem, just admitting makes you brave courageous and one of us

Last edited by nogard; 11-14-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: still suck at de speeeeling