Notices

Dont Know where to turn

Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dont Know where to turn

Been dealing with a problem with my wife and she seems to not care what anyone thinks about it. Constantly quotes "i'm 42 and if i want to drink i will" and this is getting to be a worn out record. My children are old enough 21 and 17 and she doesnt care what anyone has to say about it. She uses alcohol and drugs(pot,opites ans such) and im just about ready to pack it all in...

Chris
Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Give her an ultimatum and let her know the consequences if she doesn't comply. I am an alcoholic and sometimes we need things spelled out for us in order to change.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

been down that road.......to no avail.....
Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My previous spouse was an alcoholic and even leaving didnt change him. He hasn't seen me or our children in 7 months, please take care of you. Pack it all in and start the healing process. It's been more than a year and a half, and i'm still healing, but i feel better now than before and cant imagine being back in the turmoil and hell that i was back then. My children are doing very good as well. That was always my #1 concern.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't believe that ultimatums work.

I think you need to make boundaries to protect yourself and your children, and stick to the boundaries. You might also check out AlAnon and NarAnon as support for yourself.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

what makes it difficult is that her parents bought me a car....so the thing is are they going to let me keep it and continue paying for it or take it back....
Old 11-13-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You won't know the answer to that question till you ask them. The most important thing is protecting yourself and children........the transportation issue can be worked out.