Notices

Day 5 - First success

Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5 - First success

I had it rough this morning. A big exam at the university. Did not go well at all. Spent the night up studying, slept like 2 hours. And it was as I expected a killer. And I know what I usually do after such a defeat... well not today.

Is it because I also finished reading while comming back home on the bus a Joe Nesbo novel, Norwegian thriller with the Inspector Harry Hole, who is an alcoholic also. I like the character. The devil's start its called. Very good book.

Anyhow, no one need answer this. I am just proud of myself. If the exam I did, which is 33% of my grade went down the drain, I will get back at that course with the last one.

But the gratest happening of the day, is that I did not drown my failure as I conditioned myself to do for so many years now. I faced it rigth on.

Have a nice day SR members..

wolfram
Old 11-13-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You get an A for sobriety! Good work on 5 days. I know it is HARD.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AJM
MC_Breaks

it's actually my 5th day too....keep it goin!!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well done, I'm on day 5 now too
Old 11-13-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well done, Wolfram. I remember those early days - so many triggers. When we get over a hurdle like you just did - it feels so good. We know we can actually do this. As we say often here - it gets easier and less intense as you go along. Every day you'll be a little stronger and feel a little more confident.

Congratulations on your five hard-earned days of sobriety. You, too, recall! Proud of you.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Wolfram
I hope you get a decent mark - but whatever happens you did well today

D
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

day 6

And it sobriety continued for another day.

Had another trigger tonight at 20:30 about, driving back from work (hard rush tonight, its a restaurant). Starting to see a partern here about trigeredness. Arrived at a corner where if I turn left (which I must have done like there not even a need to count here), its the beer store, and right is home. The funniest thing is that while my mind was struggling overcomming this urge, the body just decided it was simple and simply turned right. Sort of on its own? And found myself going on towards my place, surprised. I smile right now as I think about it..

If I get a bad grade (which should be around average) is because of my late night binges and so much missed morning classes.. I am totally to blame. The exam was hard yes, but I knew it would be.

A a beautiful lesson from life

wolfram
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wolfram, I am at day 4. Am a senior exec. at a company and had a very rough day with an employee on day 3. Almost fell to this trigger as well.