Notices

Will it ever get better

Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rocky

Will it ever get better

Hi im new here. Im going to substance abuse classes n went to 6 AA mettings. Had to sell my car today to pay all the bills. Feels like i get my head up over the water n something or someone drags me right back down to drown slowly. Its been very rough 2months 2 weeks n 3 days of being sober. Usually when i have a stressful day i drink. Now i clean, rearange n eat chocolate! I want stay sober for rest of my life for myself n my teen sons. Want to be a good mom. I hope this works thanks for listening..
Old 11-12-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Rocky welcome to SR. Drugs ravage peoples lives, they did mine. I'm still in debt from all the irresponsible decisions i made during my using/drinking days. Its hard in early recovering to deal with stress because we cant drink or use and that is all we know. Thats why 2 weeks is such a huge accomplishment because you've handled very stressful situations sober. That is a Victory, plain and simple! You are ready for a life sober, you are ready to rise up and be all you can be like the army. Stick around SR, you can't go wrong
Old 11-12-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I know I didnt get here in a couple months or years. More like decades of abuse..

But things really did turn around and start getting better. It takes work and sounds like your really starting that process.

I am a proud member of AA and go almost every day , and have for 17 months.

Life is good today. Keep going and growing.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stay strong man it gets easier every day. You are doing the right thing keeping busy. Just keep up the good work. Also, stay on here this place has been a Godsend for me. It can help. Good luck my friend
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Oppps and Welcome to SR

Great place with wonderful support.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I went to meetings too......and life got a little better but then stalled.

I started working the steps that the program suggests we do to recover and wow, what a difference.

If I'm hungry and I watch the cooking channel all day I may learn a lot about cooking and have heard the directions on how to cook a great meal but until I start cooking one for myself, I'm still going to starve. Going to meetings is a help......but it's like watching TV in my example above. Learning how to and then actually applying the steps in your daily life.......that's what works in AA.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Definatly Steps are the way to a joyous , happy, and free life..

Meetings for fellowhip and more daily reminders and growth. I am one of those that just love to be social, love love that bar scene. I need to replace that , and nothing out there like AA for both a way without drinking and a real friends now.

I always said I loved that bar scene , so today I still get to hang out with all the nutty drunks and addicts. Were just sober now.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome Rocky! You're doing great so far! It does get better, but I'm right there with you in trying to get finances back under control. It may take awhile to undo the damage we've done in that department. Forward!!