Notices

11 days and counting :)

Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! It actually was an ok day. I think people At work are starting to realize that im really doing this. I got one "im proud of you today" which means more than anyone knows. Its just the 'youre no fun anymore' part that gets me. I guess if blacking out and making terrible decisions 5 nights out of the week is fun. Im glad im not.

Also good job to everyone who posted on here.
WE GOT THIS!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

oh man-- this is so familiar to me! as a server at a bar n restaurant, I totally empathize with the work place challenges! It's so true, the easy days for me have been being off work because I generally get to the gym, I can make home food for myself, take care of errands or get lunch or coffee with friends. No big deal. It's when I get off of work I'm SO habitual about having a beer, a cigarette.. socializing.. turns into 3,4 more, a shot, another bar... etc. like 4 times a week at least! I'm trying to really keep focused on how fine I feel when I just clock out- go home, call it a day. Especially the 35 to 50 bucks I end up wasting on drinking and binge eating that many nights, just o feel like ****!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

A suggestion.. I've been making myself put 30- 45 bucks in an envelope every night I worked, and I say "this is money I didn't waste tonight". Kinda cornballs, but I really think having tangible proof of the money I'd normally throw away on hangovers after a month will be an inspiring reality for me!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thats a really good idea! Ill try it and let u know how it goes!!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great job on your new life Uber! I was a big time binge drinker when I was in the Army. I've been out for a lil while and today is day 9 of sobriety for myself.
It might help to take an acting class at your local community college to boost your confidence. You know all your coworkers are wishing they were as smart as you when their walking around with splitting headaches from drinking =)
That's a really good idea Inspired!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good for you! Keep at it! That post reminded me a lot of myself