SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   drunk texting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/273991-drunk-texting.html)

bjames 11-10-2012 08:14 PM

drunk texting

I am currently on the receiving end of some drunk texting from my ex boyfriend... I am loving this lol. It is SO NICE not to be the drunk texter. Not to mention it's slightly flattering (and for those who know Seinfeld, I now feel I have "hand"... even though it's totally not important to me). It's so nice not to wake up in the morning and be scared to look at my phone :)

FreddyBear 11-10-2012 08:49 PM

I was doing it all the time. It always seemed like a great idea to share how I feel with everyone at 3 a.m. I can just go through my numbers list and send a text to everyone.

Drunk facebooking was even worse because of public embarassment. I've sent sexually
abusing messages to some girls, posted nasty pics and videos on people's pages. Deleted them in the morning, but you just can't un-send the message. I was (am) a sad/depressed drunk, drinking alone at home, so the status updates were especially bad. Had to delete my FB account several days ago.

Edabisco 11-10-2012 09:11 PM

Yeah, this was familiar to me. I got into some trouble with people for texts that I thought were funny, but were pretty ******. Drunk Facebook was bad as well.

Liv2011 11-10-2012 09:31 PM

Been good on FB. Too many relatives although I had times when I woke up and logged onto FB straight away worried about what I posted! but it always sounded okay - I was like, ok, I didn't sound drunk. Texting, sometimes to my husband but he got used to the abuse, unfortunately. I was worst with the flaming emails. I would wake up and check my sent mail. Sometimes they weren't bad but I sent too many. I like that I can post here whenever and I don't have to worry about being judged. I'm sober but if I slipped and felt the need to post...at least I feel safe here.

MegTheRunner 11-10-2012 10:35 PM

I too have made a total fool of myself via drunk texts. It is a really nice feeling knowing I have a clear head and won't be an ass or have to use some detective work the next morning to figure out just what I'd done the night before. Definitely don't miss any of that these days.

kmick0871 11-10-2012 10:58 PM

I deactivated my fb for the same reason.. I'm waiting until I have at least 6 sober months under my belt until I reactivate.. So glad I'm not posting stupid stuff anymore. And as far a drunk texting, ha would actually call all my contacts and sing songs to them, luckily most of them found it funny but I still felt do stupid.. :) I wish I could be on the receiving end it might help me realize how I acted...

coming_clean 11-10-2012 11:27 PM

I deleted FB, most forums, Linkedin, Google+, all of them...
Only got twitter left, wich I use for receiving articles, news and info for all sorts of scources..
Not to tell what I had for dinner.
I got SR, a buddhist forum and a forum about Nintendo video games.
I'm not really active on the forums, read mostly.
That's my social media strategy.
Don't miss FB at all.

Natom 11-10-2012 11:58 PM

Ah I use to mass text everyone in my phonebook at like 3/4/5 am most Saturday or Sunday mornings. And that would include my employers and family. It normally said something along the lines of 'I'm buzzing my nut off and I love you all'. I was hardly discreet.

Bgh2002 11-11-2012 12:47 AM

Ahh drunk facebooking. That sure caused a lot of un-needed anxiety in my life. Waking up every morning feeling horrible praying I didn't send anything ridiculous. Which I usually did.

I found the cure for that problem though, Deactivated that thing. Wasted my time, I didn't really care what anyone had to say anyways. Feels great not being a slave to a time wasting website like everyone I know is. Oh my god lets check facebook, or my favorite my mother getting upset if she can't get online to check out what others are doing.

Jeni26 11-11-2012 12:53 AM

Drunk texting has been a source of great regret and embarrassment to me in the past.
Hugely long rambling self-pitying texts which I had to deal with the next day. God, do I not miss that!!

Windancer 11-11-2012 04:06 AM

I know the feeling well. Drunk texting, and facebooking, and the dread the following morning. The worst was the texting though.....another reason to stay sober :)