Notices

Sweet n sour

Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sweet n sour

I am really a very sweet person...but when I walk through the doors of AA and get a dose of some of the sour attitudes....it makes me turned off at the whole scene! I have had many a bad experience with AA and it is not just isolated to one group. I either get the "lets pretend we don't see her" group..or the "we forgot we are ALL one drink away and a little better than the newbie" group...or the "this meeting better hurry up and end before we get locked out of the ole folks home" group and so on. The last meeting I went to...SEVEN YEARS AGO...four people invited me for coffee after the meeting and they left me by accident.......SOME KIND OF WARM WELCOME EHH!...those people had obviously lost the memory of being a desperate newcomer..which is VERY PITIFUL OF THEM. ANYWAY.... I know I am going to have to bite the bullet and give this ..my full on 100%..no matter what kind of welcome or no welcome I get. I know there are GOOD AND KIND AA FOLKS..that are willing to help the newcomers..because I read the posts from alot of you on here..I dont feel the urge to drink but I MUST WORK THE STEPS..if I dont want to fall on my face down the road. I have also never had a sponsor..it seems as though alot of the AAers shy away or run away from wanting the sponser "obligation"..not trying to be negative..I just have a bad taste in mouth....One other thing..my drinking has caused me to lose quite a bit including my car..so I am going to see if a group member would be willing to give me a ride. I am supposing that a request of this manner would not be uncommon?...I cant be the only one that has suffered loss due to drinking...I GUESS MY PRAYER WILL BE...PLEASE GOD..GET ME IN TOUCH WITH THE RIGHT FOLKS..AMEN
Old 11-09-2012, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Amen.

Focus on the people who inspire you. The one's who have what you want. Try to focus only on the positive things. Do things that make God smile. It will get better.

Not uncommon at all for people to ask for rides. At my home group, it's no uncommon for someone to call an ask for a ride - sometimes there isn't anyone available at the moment so we put a message on the board that someone's looking for a ride. Generally someone helps out.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Across the board I have found AA's to be the nicest most caring people I have ever met. There are alway a few that have thier problems but you do not have to look very hard or far to find ones that are happy with life, care for new comers like lost puppies, and only want one thing and that is to help each other stay sober.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Across the board I have found AA's to be the nicest most caring people I have ever met. There are alway a few that have thier problems but you do not have to look very hard or far to find ones that are happy with life, care for new comers like lost puppies, and only want one thing and that is to help each other stay sober.
I hope that this time around..I will run into these types...this gives me hope.