Notices

No middle ground!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No middle ground!!!

OK. So the morning of Sun. Nov 4th is when the lightbulb went off that I was drinking too much. For whatever reason I decided to try having some beer on the night of Wed the 7th. I think I thought I would just see how it went? I dunno. Anyway I was guilty the whole time I was drinking it, did NOT enjoy it, stopped after only 7 (yes thats only to me), and went to bed still sober enough to be disgusted with myself. Shame,shame,shame. Woke up headachey,tired,and thirsty.
It was then I realized it was all or nothing. I just do not want to drink anymore. So I finally had the conversation with my husband, and I was so nervous. He listened and agreed with me. And I was so giddy for the rest of day and excited and so was he. I was so worried and I shouldnt have been!! He's completely on board!
Sooooo my official day one was yesterday. November 8th. And I am ready. SO very ready. I can't wait to get healthy and feel good!
I've been way too hungover to go to church for a long time now,and I can not wait to go on Sunday!! Maybe I'll join a Bible Study???!! Maybe Ill take a college course at night?? Maybe Ill start doing the hobbies I used to love but stopped when I was too drunk or hungover all the time.
The possibilities are endless!! (ok Im starting to get a little emotional) It's just been so long since Ive been myself. And I'm so happy.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's great that you can see the benefits of recovery. You'll find lots of support here. Focus on sobriety first and foremost and I am sure lots of other benefits will come your way.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ah yes, so much falls by the wayside while we're drinking. There are endless possibilities out there to live our lives to the fullest.

And, you're absolutely right. There is no middle ground.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArcticSA View Post
OK. So the morning of Sun. Nov 4th is when the lightbulb went off that I was drinking too much. For whatever reason I decided to try having some beer on the night of Wed the 7th. I think I thought I would just see how it went? I dunno. Anyway I was guilty the whole time I was drinking it, did NOT enjoy it, stopped after only 7 (yes thats only to me), and went to bed still sober enough to be disgusted with myself. Shame,shame,shame. Woke up headachey,tired,and thirsty.
It was then I realized it was all or nothing. I just do not want to drink anymore. So I finally had the conversation with my husband, and I was so nervous. He listened and agreed with me. And I was so giddy for the rest of day and excited and so was he. I was so worried and I shouldnt have been!! He's completely on board!
Sooooo my official day one was yesterday. November 8th. And I am ready. SO very ready. I can't wait to get healthy and feel good!
I've been way too hungover to go to church for a long time now,and I can not wait to go on Sunday!! Maybe I'll join a Bible Study???!! Maybe Ill take a college course at night?? Maybe Ill start doing the hobbies I used to love but stopped when I was too drunk or hungover all the time.
The possibilities are endless!! (ok Im starting to get a little emotional) It's just been so long since Ive been myself. And I'm so happy.
Good luck. One day at a time. Only day 4 for me and my husband is on board also but, I'm scared about the weekend. WE can do it!!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you, Arctic, for talking to your husband! Now you wont feel so "alone" in this I'm so happy to see you so excited about sobriety!!
Congratulations!!