Notices

very newcomer

Old 11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

very newcomer

dont understand the lingo, feeling very lost with it all, where do I start, this is all very new to me and im talking baby gargule new.can some one help please...
Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome pmungo I would probably start by reading around the site about how others got started and what worked and didn't work for them. Ask question or just talk any time you want. As for the lingo if there's anything you don't understand don't be afraid to ask. But the important thing is to stop as soon as possible, now's a good time.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR PMungo! It took me awhile to get used to all of this, just read around you will get the hang of it!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi we were all new once!!!

I was once very new and very green and did not understand anything.

You have found a very welcoming family here, we can try and help.

Are you wanting to give up drinking yourself or drugs or is it a friend or family member that you are seeking help for?

Hope to see you here a bit more
xx
Old 11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi pmungo,, youve come to a great place,, everyone is lovely,, im a newbie,, and its helped me so much,, just read through some posts that you think are relevant to you and get going!!
tell us your story, and we are here for you,, welcome,,
x lv cleo xxx
Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome pmungo

This newcomers forum is a good place to start - maybe just tell us a bit about what bought you here - ask any questions you want answered...that kind if thing

D
Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lilgolden73 View Post
Welcome to SR PMungo! It took me awhile to get used to all of this, just read around you will get the hang of it!
so so true, finally people that talk my language
Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Write out a list of things you do not understand and post. It is hard to get better if you do not have a clue what is being said
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well im in a very scary place at the mo, i live in a very scary head. after years of alcohol abuse im finally fessing up, and standing up to this awful liquid that has had so much control over my life. so right know my hearts at a race as this is the first time iv confronted my problem other than with another drink. I started drinking very early in life spent many teenage years getting wasted, and the last id say 15 years has been a cycle so horrid and dark, dark as for most of it ive been blind drunk till comatosed. (please excuse the spelling im crap at it). We you probley dont need me to tell you what happens to your life when alcohol takes hold. well i know this cant go on so i have to make it stop before i lose more or end up dead, because thats the reality of it. i stumbled upon this web when i was looking how i could get help, because ive tried to stop on my own and failed on every occation. im not very good with techno, iv never had face book or anything like that, i saw this site had a look and thought i would give it a go, right now im a bit emotional, cause finding like minded people means the world to me. so thank you all for your kind welcome
Old 11-14-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"the past is in a different country, they do things differently there"
Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have been in the grips of alcohol and it is a nasty poison in my opinion.

I think most people start in their teens and suddenly realise a few years later that it is a problem.

I had to make changes, but I found it's easier to do this with others who understand. So I visit SR daily and have a read. I post if I am happy or sad and I always receive wise words.

Have you thought of any plans to help you?
Maybe see a doctor (not sure if you are UK or USA, I'm UK), attend AA, have a look at SMART recovery?

I've done a bit of AA, a bit of Smart and stacks of reading here. I think if it was possible I would like to attend more AA meetings. I like being in the company of others who understand but I have a young child and work but I attend where I can.

You don't have to do this alone and we all help and support each other here.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the site. Looks like you have made a good move friend, first one is hardest, admitting to yourself. If you want to quit you can. Withdrwal symtoms carefuly considered. With your doctor preferably.

Glad you joined
Old 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

We have all been where you are. There is a way out. What methods have you tried in the past?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I felt like that too only just a few days ago! Dont worry...you will get the hang of it. When I rediscovered the Home page it helped me a lot. And the more I posted the more I learned....Good luck! You'll figure it out! If I can so can you!