Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi I just joined today. The reason why I joined is to get some insight in getting sober. I've been addicted to pain meds for 5 years, anti-depressants, and anti-anxiety meds for a year. I noticed that when I started taking the anti-anxiety medicine that it made my depression worse, and I no longer have a drive in my life. I've lost everything my home,money,wife, and my business. I'm 49 years old, and I'm living at my parents home, and if it wasn't for them I don't know where I would of been. I hate people that complain like I'm doing now. I was always motivated, and always ready for what life threw my way, but it seems that since I started taking Ativan about 11 months ago, and now Clonazapan that I lost that drive which I always had, even while addicted to the pain meds. My shrink has me on Effexor XR 50mg 4xDay, Aderal 25mg 2xday, Clonazepan .5MG 3xDay, and Remeran 45MG at bedtime.

I've been weening my self off the Clonazapan slowly for the past couple of months from .5 3X/Day, and currently .5MG 1X/Day (1/2 pill twice a day), but I'm convinced that this anti-anxiety medicine is the cause of my depression, but I plan on weening my self off the other meds as well, but I cant do it all at once, because of the unknown withdrawals from weening off all of my meds at the same time.

Anyway sorry for the long Newbie intro, but I was hoping to communicate with people which are, and had experience my situation.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome...My poison was alcohol...No better or worse than your drugs of choice...It cost me everything. I needed to do two things to start my sober journey....Get honest with a doctor and find a recovery program with support for someone with no money....I found that in AA. Maybe you could look into NA. This Site is great for online support...Glad you are here!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR zingster x
Old 11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Zingster

I think it's best to discuss going off meds with your Dr first.

Sometimes medication can take a while to 'kick in', some times it may be affected by other meds we're taking, or other times a medication might simply not work for us.

Have you discussed this with your Dr at all?

D
Old 11-08-2012, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family, zingster. I'm sorry to read about your struggles and heartache. You did the right thing by joining our group - you're not alone with this pain.

Please keep reading and posting - others have been through similar things and will be happy to share what they've learned.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Please do discuss the issue of your meds with your doctor. We can't give medical advice, or advice about meds, and your doctor knows you best. I wish you success in your sober life.