Notices

my life is almost over at 27

Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my life is almost over at 27

my name is mikey ima a 27yr old drug addict at rock bottom and i have 4 small children and no job im trying to get help for a inpatient assisted withdrawl help ive never asked for anything for free but this is for my life back i live in indiana will go tri state my wife is sober woman never taken drugs and no one know the pain of opiate withdrawls please help me there would b nothing better than to get clean and have a healthy life with family my wife is ganna devorce me if im not getting clean they r all i have i put myself in the way of getting locked up buying drugsif there is anyone help my family live they deserve better than this!!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! I don't know about any inpatient help in IN, but I do know you'll find a lot of support here and someone else may know.

Please keep reading and posting...a lot of us have felt the way you do now.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome mikey -

I know those feelings of despair because I had them, too. I'm sorry you're going through this, but glad you reached out tonight..... Have you looked into addiction services in your area? Some doctors specialize in addiction as well and might be able to help you work out a medical plan for detoxing.

I'm not as familiar with opiates (drinking was my issue), but lots of others here know what you're going through. You may want to check out our forum on substance abuse:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Dude opiate addiction is brutal. Im 27 also and used oxy/vics/roxicet/heroin you name it. Opiates were my drug of choice. Unfortunitly they robbed me of my money and stole my heart without me noticing it. My advice is get out now, you are playing a game with your life and the house always wins in the end. 'i don't know if I can mention this or not but what I did was get on suboxone and while I'm stable on that I go to AA meetings and spend time on SR. You've made the first step, admitting you want help, now your next step is to research, learn, and examine your options. YOU CAN BEAT THIS. I know you probley feel so horrible and in WDS the depression/anxiety/emotional pain is hell on earth. Hang in there, YOU ARE NOT A BAD PERSON FOR USING DRUGS. Dont beat yourself up about it, just get out you have way way way to much to live for dude. Kick the drugs out of your life and you will be a much happier and satisfied person.