Notices

Ughhhh

Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ughhhh

No license, can't get a job, can't go back in the military... this is ridiculous. Just because I have a DWI on record, should not make me an outcast to the public. Somebody shoot me
Old 11-07-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i hear ya, i have no licance...no diplomas, huge criminal record...i,m old and ugly...oh and single to...i have loads of working experiance and all that but working for a boss used to be the only thing i knew how to do...after i sobered up i landed in a safehouse where i wasnt allowed to work a ****** factory job right away....i didnt understand it but now i,m very happy i had gained the time to just do whatever i like to do.
i no longer work for a boss, i do help out allot of friends that i gained while starting my own buisness, all i do is transport of waste/scrapiron/furniture, fix bicycles motorcycles mopeds, i am a mover, plumer, gardener, handyman...even a market salesman...not bad for someone that is diagnosed anti social personality disorder

what i want to grant you is to see in a wider perspective.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((mrfreebird)) - My DUI is a long time ago, so no longer affects me getting a job, but I'm dealing with other consequences. I lost jobs due to drugs, have a probation violation on my record and not sure if it shows up on background checks. I'll find out soon, though, as I've gotten a job..pending the background check.

The consequences have sucked, but I'm in recovery and no longer that person. I decided I wasn't going to do anything to bring about MORE bad consequences, and am grateful for recovery.

I know it's not easy now, but it does get better as long as we keep moving forward and put more time between the "old" us and the "new" us.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy