Notices

drunks are annoying now

Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

drunks are annoying now

Just wanted to ask about an aspect of sobriety I find interesting.

All of a sudden drunk people seem REALLY annoying and inconsiderate.

This dude came over to my house the other day after drinking multiple shots of tequila and he acted really dumb. I told him to leave. He passed out in my roommate's room and then the next morning he was hungover and throwing up in my toilet. I was not happy with this and sort of had the feeling, "You did that to yourself" and little sympathy for him.

My roommate drunkenly ate some of my food, and I'm basically not speaking to him over it.

Drinking just seems to mess everything up for most people!

It pains me to think that this drunk person was me until just recently.

I feel a lot more calm and considerate myself!

Does anyone else get really annoyed by drunk people?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It does look totally different from the sober side, doesn't it? Luckily, I don't hang out with people who drink like that any more, but when I do see it I just say a little prayer for them. But yeah, it's not "fun" watching people self-destruct (especially in your house/apartment - ugh).
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Phoenix.

I think I was always annoyed by drunk people, and got more drunk to drown them out.

Now, if I go where people are drinking, I know that there is a "window" in which I feel comfortable.

There's this quiet line that gets crossed at some point..
Voices get a little louder, there's more movement, more bottles being opened..
That's when I excuse myself.

It's just not worth it to me.
Last time I stuck around until the end of the night(it was after a concert) the friend I was with got very combative with me.
So I quit hanging out with the drunk folk. Haha.
Dang drunk folk.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ah the joys of flat sharing! Angel I get really annoyed with drinks too. But I also fear after reading the reply from Cadmasta I think I used to join them out if sheer annoyance sometimes.

Repetitive, boring, me me me conversations I can do without. I used to swear loudly and badly when I was drunk and that thought scares me if I dwell on it too long.

S x
Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just be glad it's not you!

I just laugh at them because they all have NO idea how ridiculous they look and sound.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes they can be. I look at them now and shake my head, and think that I was once like that only constantly.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really find drunk people to be funny to watch. They don't a lot of stupid stuff and I'm glad it's not me anymore. Some good entertainment.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

As I often heard and learned in recovery,
don't h*te or dislike the drunk but rather
hate the disease. It's like a cancer we don't
need and robs us of many wonderful careing
folks we'd like to have around us and in our
lives.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

perhaps I see things differently...but when I come across someone extremely intoxicated, I do whatever I can to help ( make sure they get home safely, for example if they are some random stranger downtown late at night..)...a friend drank too much at a party a couple of weeks ago, and I made sure she had some food, some water and put her to bed so she wouldn't embarass herself...if someone were to do something like eat my food while drunk, I would say something, then let it go...I've done things while drunk that people have forgiven me for!......annoying as it is, a stranger or a friend, I do what I can.....because heavens to betsy KNOWS people have had to do it for me a gazillion times....not my place to walk away or look down on someone who is in a position I've been in many times! Although, all that being said, I do what I can to avoid being in these situations.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Personally, I found myself annoying and unneccesarily self-righteous when I was drunk. I can only imagine how this was magnified in the eyes of others who had the displeasure of dealing with me.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Drunks annoy the crap out of me but I think they provide me with a certain amount of something that I can utilise in my recovery. Although I only have contact with annoying drunks very sporadically they help me by showing me what I was like. I have seen several drunk cocaine users chatting crap and generally being annoying and that was me, and it could be me again if I don't go in hardcore on my recovery. They help me to humble myself and work harder at what I have now.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've been to several weddings since being sober (I avoid clubs and bars) and yeh I totally agree... drunks are really annoying.. luckily I drove to most of them so could make an early exit as things were starting to get worse!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((angelx)) - Sorry, but I had to laugh at your post as I felt the exact same thing! I was working in a restaurant, 3rd shift, and weekend nights I told everyone "I don't WANT to deal with the drunk and disorderly (D&D)!!!"

Gee, though crack was my DOC, I did my time with alcohol and pretty sure I WAS one of the D&D more than a few times. Though I still don't like being around people obnoxiously drunk or high, I'm a little more tolerant of the pleasant ones and just say "thank God, that's not me" to the others.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Some drunks annoy me. Some don't. I do know that I used to watch the show intervention for the entertainment value of the show. Now I look with sympathy to the people. Funny how I would watch the show and would never see myself when watching it.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Church. You are speaking the gospel.