Notices

Recovery in the now!!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Recovery in the now!!

There is no point counting days of recovery because you can only every be sober now! You might have 20 years but you are only ever sober now, because that is all there is ever is...NOW.

So don't focus too hard on the days, just focus on being sober now!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

I'm all for living in the present moment, because the present moment is the only place in time we can actually take action.

I don't agree though that all I have is the present moment, however... its just not that limited for me.

I certainly have my past, and I have my future... they are not lost to me simply because I live in the present moment.

The present moment is simply the only "when" I can actually take real action, and where life happens, where life itself takes action too. Time exists on a contimuun which includes past, present, and future "when's"...

As well, its always in the "now" when one lives in the present moment, and so in that way time passage on many levels is itself meaningless, and more correctly, the moment as a measurement of time is meaningless. The experiences though are of course meaningful.

Finally, time is a completely relative experience, and so all of us, of course, have our own personal experience with time...

Interesting thread.