Notices

Frustration

Old 11-05-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Frustration

Hello all, so I am on day 10. My mind now wants to get up and do more, only problem is its gone from 65 degree days to 85 degree days and I am far to hot to do anything more than 5 minutes here and there.
I have a whole garage just waiting to be cleaned and its too hot out!
I have a whole house that would love some TLC but its too hot in and the other people in the house are sleeping the day away or not moving so they dont want the AC on. Grrrrr maybe i just needed to vent.

5 minute cleaning spells are okay right? Guess you gotta take what you have.

My mood is still up and down, sometimes ill hear someone talking about pain medication (sister is a CPP patient) and ill start getting sad thinking about wanting the "happy high" However this feeling always passes within an hour and ill feel much better after it passes for not giving in. Just shows me how srong i am becoming.
Ive never been one to take vitamins but currently am taking L-tyrisine, any other vitamin suggestions? Would love to take this time to start working on my health.
Also, i seem to have trouble sleeping, i always have for as long as i can remember. I am hoping being more active will help this, currently I take nyquil more nights than not. Any natural suggestions to help sleep? I tried melatonin but it gave me horrid nightmares, and while i did fall asleep i woke up often in the middle of the night very upset about my dreams. I mean i can handle dreams about me getting hurt but give me a dream about my 11 year old sister getting hurt or killed and i am running to her room at 3 am and hugging her to make sure she is okay.
Ty for listening friends
Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Changing! I am from San Francisco, just finishing up 2 days of recovery here. Congrats on 10! Keeping busy, only even if 5 minutes at a time, is a great thing! I had to take NyQuil last night to sleep as well, and I know sleeping is going to be a problem for me during recovery, as well as the vivid dreams. I also am looking for something natural/herbal to help... haven't tried melatonin yet but maybe I will. I seem to only be able to sleep a few hours at a time. Hopefully some others will have some tips for both of us. Hang in there! A brisk walk in this heat well help sweat some of those lingering toxins out too! That's what I'm doing soon :-)

Keep at it!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 10 days. It will be below freezing here tonight, so I think I'd rather have your problem with heat!

Have you ever tried meditation or counting your breaths to sleep? Sometimes that helps me
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you considered seeing a Dr Changing?

I think they're the best people to see about sleeping problems...and better than self medicating with stuff like NyQuil.

They should be able to check you over and see if you need added vitamins or not too

D
Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Im currently without insurance or money to see a doctor but I have called around to places to see who might have a sliding scale. Ive got an appointment for next week so hopefully ill have something accomplished then
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

These links might be useful if your leads fall through:

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10816 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.

D
Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

85 degrees? Yeesh...wish I had that problem! Come to Chicago between October - April, you will be begging for that heat!

As far as sleep goes, only time will truly get you back to baseline. If you are anything like me, you have disrupted your body's normal sleep cycle for years on end, and it takes not AS much time to get back to normal, but still more time than 10 days.

If it persists, do as Dee suggests, bring it up to the doc you are planning to see. They will be able to offer better medical advice than I can. I am not a doctor, though I played one to myself for many years unsuccessfully.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lol I actually love the cold, the colder the better. I spent a Christmas in Mass. and i loved it, never wanted to leave.
ALso ty very much for that information Dee I appreciate it.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I would avoid nyquil for many reasons, the first being its alcohol content. That alcohol in your system will give you mood swings. It has a lot of alcohol in it too!!. I am ashamed to say it but years ago when i was out of alcohol I abused it to sleep, for the alcohol in it primarily. I will never take Nyquil again.

Keep reaching out Change, you are doing well to ask for help.
I did not sleep for a long time when i quit. Then gradually sleep has come back off and on and now I sleep more often then not. Try to power through without a relapse, and follow up on Dees suggestions.

You can do it!

Last edited by EternalQ; 11-05-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: I mistakenly made medical recomendation, sorry! Took the reference out.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I never even thought of the alcohol content
Im 30 and ive had one alcoholic drink in my life. It was on my 21st birthday and i took 2 sips and couldnt take anymore. I guess I should be happy that I cant stand any form of it. If only my body would have felt the same way with pain pills. Although I guess then I would have been in unbearable pain for a long time:/
When I feel safe my RLS has passed Ill try Benadryl, unless i get into a doctor first. Then ill let them give me some advice and hopefully help.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Benedryl is not actually a sleeping aid, and people here have had issues with it, so I'd be wary of that too Change.

D