Notices

New Here

Old 11-04-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here

Im trey and im 19. I've been in a gang for the last 2 years. I use drugs,drink steal, lie, fight. Im in the most depressed mood i have ever been in. Ive been trying to get out of the gang/drug life but cant seem to ever get away for more then a couple days. Ive been arrested 4 times in the last 6 months and have spent too much time already in jail. I tried moving in with a non related gang friend in a completely different town but met more people down here and started using within the first week as well as /stealing/robbing people.I have so much anger. i hate myself and everyone else. Im lost. I have nobody but my homies. i dont talk to any of my family members. Im not sure how to get clean and get on with my life because i cant see myself living for very long like this. i want a new better life so bad but i can never get away for more then a couple days i always get dragged back in. i have no one but myself
Old 11-04-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your right, you won't live long.
As the saying goes"if you hang around with dogs you'll catch fleas"
I'm sorry to say and this may sound harsh but gangs and gang mentality are really low, I have nothing good to say about gangs except get the hell away from them.
You are obviously an intelligent person, and you realise you can do better.
Can I make a suggestion, you might laugh but have you thought about doing some voluntary community work, it may give you your self respect back, and lead to a feeling of purpose. It's only a suggestion.
Good on ya for wanting to change that's a real positive.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Trey

I know nothing about gangs but I think you deserve a better future than the one you keep giving yourself.

Have you tried to find sober support - any recovery groups like AA/NA etc?

D
Old 11-05-2012, 02:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is there a community center near you? YMCA or something? Go there for help to break from the gang. Until you do that, how will be able to stop using?

You will not live long being part of a gang. Nor will you lead any kind of useful, respectable life. You deserve better. You came on here for help. What a great step!

Hopefully some others with experience on your situation will come along soon.

And keep posting on here. We can become your home until you find a safe place
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I need to go to NA. Im on my 2nd day being clean and i feel like **** and all im thinking about is doing some lines or getting ****** up. I just learned that i have a warrant out for my arrest once again for some stupid **** i did back in april. are there any residential treatment centers that are good/cheap in san diego? I cant do this by myself..
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Trey, I'm 21 so I'm also young and have been drinking and doing drugs for years... the best thing i ever did for my life was to quit it all

it's amazing when you quit. it doesn't seem better at first, in fact its terrible...especially that first week. but once your head cleans up and you stick through it, everything gets so much better its incredible. and then you never want to go back

Defiitely reach out for support. i checked myself into an ER one day out of desperation for help. i was transported into treatment from there. bc i couldn't do it on my own. maybe not the best option, the ER bill was insanely expensive, but definitely work towards getting some support somehow. you've taken a great first step realizing you have a problem and got on these forums.

good luck and keep your head up
Old 11-05-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I know you deserve a better life than being in a gang.

Yes, there is a way. The Salvation Army offers free rehab, usually long-term, to anyone who wants it.

The Salvation Army: Adult Rehabilitation