Notices

Day One for this New Member

Old 11-04-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One for this New Member

Hi all--
Just completed my registration and I am SOOO happy to have this resource to assist me in quitting drinking. I am 30 years old, have been drinking since I was 18 but started heavily drinking at 25. The last year or so I noticed my body responding really awfully to my binge drinking. I can't stop when I drink, drinking a 750ml of vodka by myself was pretty easy. I constantly had to drink in the morning to get the shakes and sweats to stop. But I also found my dream job a year ago, and I've come close to putting that in jeopardy because of my drinking. My life, my goals, my career, and my friends and family are WAY MORE IMPORTANT than drinking. I'm tired of feeling like crap, wasting who knows how much money on booze, making a fool of myself, getting DUIs.... and the like. So, it has almost been about twenty fours now. I am not shaking or getting the sweats anymore. I look forward to day 2 and beyond of being sober, energetic, productive, reliable, responsible, and successful. If on the road I ever think about having a drink, I will be on here to remind myself of the many reasons not to. Thanks for having me, and for listening!
-Splasho:
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome. This is a good place to start!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

splasho, nice to hear you want to redirect your life.. This is also my first day on SR. I'm on my fourth day sober. Your story reminds me allot of my own. Thanks for sharing and wish you the best..
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Many heavy drinkers run into detox problems I really think someone should be close by or see your Dr to see if they recomend a facility. I wouldn't want to see anything bad happen to you. I know I had a terrible time detoxing, and I was in a facility. I'm not trying to scare you just letting you know. Welcome and congrats on wanting to change your life.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Splasho

You'll find a lot of support here - but like zanzibar suggested don't hesitate to get medical help if you think you need it

D
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Splasho x
Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Splasho and welcome!
I'm on day 5 and I know for a fact I wouldnt have made it this far w/o SR. All the forums and chat groups are amazing. You have definitely come to the right place.
Congratulations!! I cannot wait to see your "day 3" tomorrow
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello,
here is a useful link to read through if you havn't found it already :-

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You sound a bit like me. I'm 31 and gettin' closer to saying goodbye to booze with each passing day and I was a big-time binge drinker too. You're going save a LOT of $$$ from being sober, see if any nearby gyms have specials going on. I've been working out for the past 2 weeks and I feel amazing, I have a ton of energy throughout the day and I sleep so peacefully at night. Not waking up anymore with hangovers is sublime.