Notices

I found 17 kitten in a trash bag

Old 11-04-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I found 17 kitten in a trash bag

I was driving down a major road, and noticed a black trash bag barely moving. I got that gut feeling that things weren't right, so I pulled over to check it out. There were 17 kittens! What the hell is wrong with people? Drive 20 miles more to the greatest Animal Shelter around!!!!! I drove there like a mad woman _ I let them out of the bag, and you can only imagine what happened in my car on the way. I don't care. I am happy I saved them and took them to a non-kill shelter, but people really, really scare me. I hope that I never see that side of humanity again. I am not writing to tell you how great I am - I have plenty of faults - but animal cruelty is not one of them. Take care.

THE MORAL TO THIS STORY IS THAT IF I WOULD HAVE BEEN DRINKING I WOULD HAVE CARED LESS, OR BEEN HOME DOING NOTHING.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow... some people really are heartless. It terrifies me to think that there are people in this world that would do such a thing.

But, there are good people in this world, too. Like you, for saving them.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for saving them. I am an animal lover too, and if I were closer I would adopt one (maybe two). We had to put our oldest cat to sleep about two months ago because he was really sick and in pain. He was here before any of our three children, and was our first baby. It was gut wrenching, and we will still miss him, even the dog and our other cat.

I don't understand cruelty to animals. I am glad you found them.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ahhh sissy that is a wonderful kind thing u did,,, and yep,, i love the moral,, now if thats not inspiration ,,well,,,
its sosad when peeps do that,, they couldve took them to the centre,, i adopted a doggie years ago, who had had boiling hot fat poured all over her back,,she was bald,, but so cute, i just had to have her,, she llived wiv us for 14 years and was my baby,,,
i regularly help out the animal shelters,, same as childrens charities,, they dont have a voice,,its so sweet what you did
hope u feel mighty prouds yrself hun!!
lv cleo xxx fellow animal lover xxx
Old 11-04-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a terrible story, but a great ending! So glad you were there to save them babies! I am a major animal lover, people p i s s me off when they do these kind of things...there is a special place in h e l l for them I am sure!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow Sissy! I'm so grateful you were sober and able to help those poor kitties. I'm an animal lover myself. This cruelty makes me furious. I would've been driving like a crazy woman too!! lol I think you were meant to find and rescue them. Thank you Sissy.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I almost couldn't bear to read this....it's unthinkable. So glad you were there to take action, Sissy. I would have freaked out & gone hysterical most likely.

You're a kind and brave person. Thank you for caring for those babies.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

stories like this just break my heart. Thank you for saving them. I just don't understand how anyone could do such a thing. It makes me want to cry
Old 11-04-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was afraid to read this post, too. To me, mistreating animals is unforgiveable. I'm glad you did everything you could to help the poor kittens.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

Good for you, Sissy. As the owner (for 12 years now) of 2 cats I rescued as tiny kittens after someone dumped them out of a car, I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart. You've done a great thing, something not everyone would have done.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

OMG that is the most horrible story. How can anyone be so heartless and cruel? It's just sickening. I'm so thankful you were there at the right place right time!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you were there Sissy - thank you

D
Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you for doing this. The world needs more people like you.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Good job Sissy.
My cousin would be crying like crazy just reading that, she loooooves the cats.
Even in my darkest days I would not have bagged up a bunch o kittens and left them.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((Sissy)) - I'm really glad you were there for the kittens, too Thank you!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-04-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You. Are. Awesome.

I was afraid to even look at this post! WHAT is the world coming to lately?! This is absolutely so awful and thank goodness you came along right when you did. 17 lives saved! Yay for you and yay for sobriety!

God Bless You!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I too join the ranks who were almost afraid to read this thread, but did and am thankful you saved them. Someone went to some effort to gather 17 kittens. A shame they couldn't put their efforts into doing something good as opposed to evil. My daughter is staying with us due to hurricane Sandy. She brought her three kitties with her - all rescues. Two of them had been abandoned in a foreclosed house and one was a kitten in a feral colony All of them are so sweet and loving - with such personality!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I cried all night thinking about the sadness of the world, and how evil some people are. What happens that we do not know about? I am determined to be the best person I can be (which may take some work!) I know there is a lot of good in the world - you SR people are an example....

I am taking the day off to go to the shelter.....those kitties need to be bottle fed. Lord only knows what happened to their poor mother. Say a prayer for them.....some may not live. Thank you.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you for saving those babies. <3
Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I tell you evey time I see this heading I just want to cry