Notices

Day 1 again

Old 11-05-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Taking 5, I do not know what made me drink. I presume it was just not the right time and my mind is not in the right place to start again. I did not drink since Friday night mind you but my heart is not in it. I was always a weekend drinker for years, binge drinker i suppose we call it.
I will keep coming to this site and reading all I can.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
odd fellow

Hi there

Hang in there. You and I have the same sobriety date, so we can encourage each other.

While the specifics of our situations might be different, we have more in common than we might think. I didn't realize this last time I tried. But I am starting to see it now.

Stay warm up there in upstate (where I'm from also)

Warmly
Hman
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
IMS

I urge you to try AA- People there are just like you- listening to their stories will help, try it.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Upstate NY here too.
I never thought I would ever go to an AA meeting but I finally broke down and went last week. I have been to a different one almost everyday since and they really do help. The people have been so nice and really do understand what you are going through. It's really making a difference for me this time.
9 days sober here and I can usually only make it 3,4 days
Old 11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hman0217 View Post
Hi there

Hang in there. You and I have the same sobriety date, so we can encourage each other.

While the specifics of our situations might be different, we have more in common than we might think. I didn't realize this last time I tried. But I am starting to see it now.

Stay warm up there in upstate (where I'm from also)

Warmly
Hman
Thanks hman. I agree that although we may have different stories we want the same thing in the end. We are on the same path and support and encouragement will help us get there; let's keep in touch with each other.

How did you make out with Hurricane Sandy and then the snow? I feel so bad for everyone that is affected by that. We were lucky upstate and had no real problems. Hope you have power and are staying warm too.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 7 and full of cravings. For years I used alcohol to motivate me to clean, pay bills, etc. Now I don't have that motivation and not a lot getting done as I'm trying to go to bed early to avoid drinking. My cravings are when I get upset over something, can be as small as someone cuts me off on the road, etc. I get like a burning sensation in the back of my head - not a headache - just a dull burning/aching feeling. I want to numb it out but know where the drinking will put me the next day. Any ideas for this? Should I take aspirin? Or a vitamin?