Notices

Day 5, hate this

Old 11-02-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5, hate this

I'm on day 5 sober, and I'm So miserable. Yesterday I had a headache from hell for over 9 hours... never thought I'd have withdrawals but I guess it must have been.

I never make it past 3 or 4 days sober. My norm is to drink one day on the weekend and one day during the week (tuesday or wednesday), so I'm absolutely craving that fix right now. Honestly right now, I'm overwhelmed by the thought of just making it thru the rest of this day, how will I do this forever?

Anyway, just thought I'd post, I've been reading a lot, this is just really hard.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

You do not have to do this forever. You just have to do this for today. Tomorrow will be another day so just stay sober today.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Krissy.

Do not think about forever - forever drives everyone crazy. Focus on one day. It will be easier soon. Just believe those who've been there. Just be easy on yourself, do not stuff your head with useless worries and do not overwhelm yourself. Once it is gone, you will feell thousand times better, and this moment may be just round the corner.

Take care.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Have you got any support Krissy? Or any tactics to help with cravings? I found it really hard to not just give in whenever I felt the least urge to drink... but it is possible. I found AVRT really useful to me for overcoming cravings. Hope the headache subsides x
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

It's an addiction. Getting off the stuff is a journey. I felt a lot better after 7 days.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's hard in the early days, Krissy, but when you get through a craving like this, it will make a bit easier the next time.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not Alone

You don't even have to do it for the day. You can do it for an hour, you can do it for 5 mins if you want too. Just keep doing it 5 minutes or 5 seconds at a time and YOU WILL GET THERE. I remember constantly feeling like crap both mentally and physically but those feelings DO PASS.

Natom.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank-you all for the support. It did help reading on this board a lot today, although other times it can be a trigger. I made it through day 5, just barely, there were at least 3 different times that I just decided that I was going to drink. Somehow I just kept ignoring the voice, almost robotically. Ugh, praying this gets easier, I really want to get to the point where I don't think about it anymore. Have a good sober night all...