Notices

Just got back from a great AA meeting!

Old 11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just got back from a great AA meeting!

I haven't been in a while and it just didn't seem to fit with me but I decided to go today since I am close to losing my family. My husband has been patient and pissed and well it's just gotten bad. He still seems to want to give me another chance. SO I went to the meeting today and well it was so very good.

I am ready for the change. Yes it's scary but I want to change and NEED to change now.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It always becomes urgent at some point. Glad you went to a meeting and came back here Cleareyes x
Old 11-01-2012, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job, clear eyes! If you enjoy it, make sure you keep going as often as possible!
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties in your family life. I've put my family in a predicament as well. I'm taking it one day at a time a d staying on SR as much as I possibly can.
Keep up the great work. Your husband truly cares for you.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey cleareyes, im new and am gonna look into going to my first meeting soon, ive never been before , and im anxious to what to expect?
will i have to stand up and tell my story in front of strangers? im so new, any advice will be greatly taken,, and well done you, im also at breaking point with my family,, im about to lose my hubby and kids if i dont sort this out,
love x cleo xx
Old 11-01-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Congratulations cleareyes. I remember going to an NA meeting, that is now my home group, where I just went in and everything clicked, the people, the shares, the venue, the time. I feel so at home their it's unbelievable. I finish work at 6pm on a Monday, the meeting starts at 8pm and it's just round the corner. So from about 6pm to 10pm I feel the happiest I do all week.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cleopatra1 View Post
hey cleareyes, im new and am gonna look into going to my first meeting soon, ive never been before , and im anxious to what to expect?
will i have to stand up and tell my story in front of strangers? im so new, any advice will be greatly taken,, and well done you, im also at breaking point with my family,, im about to lose my hubby and kids if i dont sort this out,
love x cleo xx
No you don't have to share anything. I just sat and listened. It's hard to go the first time but just realize it was their first time once too and they know how hard it is to walk through that door.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad it went well.