Notices

Need some support

Old 10-31-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need some support

Just as I started a $16,000 outpatient program, I got my wine gasses i ordered in the mail. i had been so sober and clean for almost 10 years then boom.
I do not do this except when I have been drinking, but invariably become semi suicdal - that is, flirting with it in a weid way. Only this time I drank a full bottle of wine, a full bottle of sherry, and took a full bottle of Klolnedin and Tamazepam. Instead of whining to someone, I just simply went to bed. I fully did not expect to wake up.

That; when I entered an intensive (expensive) treatment program that deals with eating disorders, alcoholism and drug addiction. I am so scarred. I do work but fortunately an afford to work the part time this will require.

Right Now, I am dying of a glass of wine. He gave phenoarbital and ativan for withdrawal. Please thing good thoughts for me.

took a full bottle
Old 10-31-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Allison

I think it's natural to be scared - there are some big changes looming...but you're not alone

Please look after yourself tho - if you feel suicidal - or worried concerned or confused in any way - please do contact your regular Dr or phone 911.

D
Old 10-31-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're alright and I hope you continue to stay in your drs care.

We're here to offer support.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Allison and welcome -

I remember those days, thinking it would be easier to die, thinking I just wanted to be "gone." Drinking can definitely take you to a dark place. Please don't listen to those thoughts - it's not who you really are. The anxiety and depression will lift - it did for me, and pretty quickly.

Feel good that you're addressing your problem - it's scary, but it's worth it.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Allison, welcome to SR. If you are at the breaking point, don't do things that will hurt harm you, contact your doctor or a hotline. Sometimes things seem hopeless but if you reach for help like you did here on SR you can start healing from the pain you are in.

Blessings, keep posting as much as you need
Old 10-31-2012, 06:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

took a full bottle
You took a full bottle of what? Are you saying you took all the meds the doctor gave you? If so, please call the emergency medics.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Right now it sounds like you need medical support. It's important that you be completely honest with them and that you do what they say. Don't think ahead. Just focus on not drinking or drugging and do this in small steps, each hour, each day. Walk carefully and slowly and you can make it. Get all the help you can and you can make it. Every good wish.

W.