Notices

Sober Halloween

Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Halloween

Although I don't normally drink too much during the week, I would definitely normally be drinking today because it is a holiday. I am not going to though! It is my day off from work today so that adds in all the more temptation, plus we have a fridge full of beer (not mine, but that's never stopped me before). I haven't had anything to drink since Sunday and I'm not going to today! So far today, I went out and got last minute costumes for my bf and I (Popeye and Olive, so cute!) and some decorations for the outside of the house and I am staying busy setting things up and getting ready for tonight. We are just handing out candy to trick or treaters but it's going to be a lot of fun. We may sit outside in the drive way because it is so nice out here (Florida). Normally, I would probably start drinking around 2 or 3 or so today so that I could stop or slow down by the time my bf got home from work at 5 so he wouldn't know how much I'd had to drink. It is so tempting but I'm not going to do it. I'm going to have a fun Halloween with no alcohol! Good luck to the rest of you and have a safe holiday and any words of encouragement you have to help me avoid the temptation would be much appreciated
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Healthy and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Your costumes sound so cute!
Great job on staying sober since Sunday! Stay on SR for as long as you can during the day today and read, read, read. That would occupy some time. At 2:00 you should start cooking a great halloween dinner for your bf. Suprise him with something different for you two. Or go online and find something for you both to cook together. Halloween treats, dinners, etc... Start a new tradition for Halloween. I wish I could do this with my husband but I'd likely kick him out of the kitchen immediately... lol.
Good luck and keep us all posted!
Take care.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Jen! And thanks for the great ideas I am definitely going to make him something gooooood for dinner! I will keep you all posted...this is going to be my first sober Halloween since I started drinking about 5 years ago.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's great! I'm glad I could help & it's wonderful you are making such a positive change in your life!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Sounds like you have a fun plan and great costumes. Make him some spinach something for dinner lol
Old 11-01-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support....I was able to stay on track and have a wonderful Halloween Now I am up and about to go for a run Hope you all have a great day!!