Notices

Day One

Old 10-30-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One

Good Morning everyone. Because I'm posting in this section, I'm undoubtedly pretty new here. I woke up this morning realizing that I cannot control my drinking, or drink in moderation. I live on the east coast where the hurricane just rolled through knocking out power. With that possibility in mind, I went out and purchased a bottle of vodka right before work. Got home, power was still on, my 3 roommates were home and hanging out, thought it was a good time to start drinking. Had drink # 2 while doing some homework, trying to pace myself drank a bottle of water, until the power went out. Then it was board games with friends by candle light, and a bottle of vodka at my side. About after 1/2 the bottle, the power came back and we proceeded to watch something on tv. My 3 friends order food, and I kept drinking. This is where my night ended, in my mind. I woke up around 5 am with a slamming headache, and noticed my bottle of vodka, empty completely in the trash. I also know that I had thrown up last night in the trash in my bedroom, but the trash bag is gone, as well as the shirt I was wearing last night. My roommates are still sleeping, and I feel I should ask them if they had to help me. If this is the case, I am embarrassed of my actions beyond belief. They are pretty new to live with, and because they drink/smoke they do not view my drinking as a problem, but rather embrace it, which is a bad environment. This is the reason I am on this forum, and I hope that today can start a new page in my life, one not plagued with alcohol.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Lift welcome, this can be the start of a whole new chapter for you. Glad you're here.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! Good that you're wanting a sober life. I got sober almost three years ago and don't regret a minute of it.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

lift, welcome!
good to see ya here. know that you are never alone and there are people who have done what you have and have thought like you are and can help ya get sober.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hey Lift,

Welcome to the forums. Stick around and have a read. There's lot of info and advice here that can help you.

Natom.