Notices

waning ……. already! :( :( :(

Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

waning ……. already! :( :( :(

I should go to a face-to-face meeting tonight. 8 weeks into the programme, weakening. Horribly. I WON’T drink tonight but I AM losing ground.

I have just 3 days ago got myself a sponsor but have been laid up after an operation; she’s saying we should wait until I’m over the Op. I should just call her and say I’ll get started on the Steps anyway, doesn’t matter how i feel physically. Mentally and spiritually I’m in need!

There ….. ! I’ve answered my own!

Am off to my car - t get to meeting x x x x x
Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Louinastew!

Good for you for recognizing what you need and going to a meeting. Recovering from an operation can't be easy in early sobriety. You're not feeling great and have lots of time on your hands...... it would be easy to feel down about things.

It helps me enormously to come here every day - the support and inspiration are wonderful. I think it would be a great addition to your program!

p.s. Congrats on your 8 weeks - that's awesome!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

good decision I think
Welcome to SR Lou

D
Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Do you have a copy of the book Alcoholics Anonymous? If not, it's online at silkworth.net and you can listen to someone read it to you (there's an audio file on there). Read the first 164 pages, pay attention to the first 43 pages.

Read the stories, too. Don't forget the prefaces and appendices. That should help you get started for now. Call your sponsor and chat. We need to get to know our sponsors and sponsees.

Pray. Learn to meditate. These are things you can do now. Heal well. We all want to get better now, but we didn't get here in one night. Maybe start a journal. Focus on powerlessness and unmanageability. Also, relate your drinking with the doctor's opinion. Write your thoughts down. Call your sponsor!!!!!! aa online chatroom holds regular AA meetings.

With love and hugs,
Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR.Glad you are here.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done on recognising the idea to drink before it turns to a thought, then an action and weyhey away we go again!

Great solution, going to a meeting. Hope you're well soon and congratualtions on 8 weeks.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I am so glad we were able to be here for you to think out loud and work out your issue before we could even respond! ( A little humor there)
Congrats on your sober time! However long or short it is or has been. Do come back and let us know how the meeting went, and one thing for me. Where is Hants? Louisiana in my "where from" is pretty easy!
Once again welcome to the best recovery forums on the Internet.