Notices

day 8 and angry

Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 8 and angry

Well day 8

Thank you to everyone who welcomed me and their words of encouragement.

Anyway I am angry today ... well not so much angry .. but full of rage and hate. I want to go out into the woods and scream and scream and scream.
Probably get arrested .. sober lol

I don't want to direct this at my family .. or at myself .. got enough negative emotions that I'm directing at myself without adding that. Want to begin at least liking myself again.

I've punched heck out of my best pillow and I've almost personified alcohol and I'm hating him, all that rage is being directed towards him ( sorry all males out there).
maybe nuts .. but working for me.

Any other ideas for me to try?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Anger is one of the first emotions that I felt in early recovery. There is really only one way to deal with it and that is positively. If you wanna go out into the woods and scream then do it. That's the joy of recovery, if it stops you drinking or using then just do it. Like all emotions and states of mind this phase of anger you have hit will pass eventually.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by tuppence View Post
Well day 8

I want to go out into the woods and scream and scream and scream.
Not a bad idea, Tuppence, sometimes there is nothing like just crying out negative emotions.

My best choice is good old exercising - 5-7 miles on a treadmill and anger is almost beaten.

Don't be too hard on yourself. And congrats on Day 8.

Take care.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think anger and rage are common emotions to feel at this time. Your body and mind are going through a lot of changes right now. And I agree with the others whatever it takes to not drink is what you should do. It will get easier as it goes but you must get past this emotional period first. So tear up phone books, cry scream, and don't forget to post here. We'll do our best to help you through all your emotions.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did the same thing but I did not consider others. I yelled at an employee, who forgave me instantly, and then I felt like an even bigger jerk. All I could do is rage. That must be part of the sober rollercoaster ride. You will mellow out. Don't worry it will pass.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Not a bad idea, Tuppence, sometimes there is nothing like just crying out negative emotions.

My best choice is good old exercising - 5-7 miles on a treadmill and anger is almost beaten.

Don't be too hard on yourself. And congrats on Day 8.

Take care.
I agree with exercising helping, it helps me get through a lot of negative emotions withdraws bring like anger, sadness and bad anxiety. Sometimes sleeping, like a nap or going to bed early helps me get through a tough day or night, naps can make it tough to sleep at night, though.
If you have phone numbers from an AA meeting calling and talking about life's stress might help as well.
Hope you feel better soon. Congrats on 8 days sober!