Notices

suspicion of relapse

Old 10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

suspicion of relapse

hello.

my boyfriend of four years is a recovering heroin addict. i think he may have relapsed but i don't know for sure. he was using for 3 and a half years before he got sober in May of this year. he has been sober for five months now. i think it happened earlier this week. he invited me over and he seemed… different, the way he use to act. i don't feel like i can trust myself entirely though. i haven't been sleeping well and i suffer from an anxiety disorder and since the day he invited me over (monday) i have been having panic attacks.

i am so confused. i basically had a panic attack when i saw him that day, seeming to be euphoric and high. he totally denied it and asked me to leave (which he never does no matter how upset he is). its been a nightmare ever since. i feel like i'm spying on him. i don't know what to do but whatever it is it needs to be soon
Old 10-27-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Izzy

I'm not familiar with heroin so I can't tell you anything that could help.

In the end I think you need to go with your gut - do you think your own issues are a factor? do you trust your bf or not?

You'll find a lot of support here
I hope you will check out our Family and Friends forum too

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 10-27-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i had never suspected anything in the previous months of his sobriety. so i think it would need something substantial to trigger suspicions now. but at the same time my continued lack of sleep adds to my anxiety. sometimes causing me to be paranoid. he's been under a lot of stress from school, we are in college, and i am afraid i didnt notice it. i read that can be a trigger to relapse. but i havent seen many other things that are said to contribute to relapse. but maybe i wasnt paying close enough attention.